Sir Joshua Rowley, 7th Baronet
In 1959 he married The Hon. Celia Ella Vere Monckton (1925-1997), 2nd daughter of the 8th Viscount Galway: they had one daughter, Susan Emily (who married the art expert Robert Holden ) and two grandchildren. Lady Rowley served as a magistrate and a lady in waiting to Princess Alexandra. 
He died in 1997 and is buried in the churchyard of St Mary in Stoke-by-Nayland, Suffolk.
He was successively Deputy Lieutenant, High Sheriff, and Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Suffolk before his appointment as Lord-Lieutenant. He was appointed a JP in 1978 and Honorary DCL by UEA in 1991.
- Independent obituary
- Marriages. The Times (London, England), Monday, Jun 15, 1959; pg. 12; Issue 54487
- "Robert Holden obituary". Telegraph.
- Sir Charles Rowley The Times (London, England), Saturday, Jan 20, 1962; pg. 10; Issue 55294
- Latest appointments. The Times (London, England), Thursday, Mar 23, 1978; pg. 19; Issue 60264
- ‘ROWLEY, Sir Joshua Francis’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2016; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2014 ; online edn, April 2014 accessed 16 Aug 2016
John Rous, 4th Earl of Stradbroke
| Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk
John Ganzoni, 2nd Baron Belstead