Since I Fell for You
"Since I Fell for You" is a jazz and pop standard which has been recorded by many artists including Andy Williams, Barbra Streisand and Doris Day. The blues ballad was composed by Buddy Johnson in 1945 and was first popularized by his sister, Ella Johnson, with Buddy Johnson and His Orchestra.
|"Since I Fell for You"|
|Single by Lenny Welch|
|B-side||"Are You Sincere"|
The biggest hit version of "Since I Fell for You" was recorded by Lenny Welch in 1963, reaching number four on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart on December 28, 1963. It also reached number three on the Easy Listening chart.
In 1967, the song recharted at #134.
- "secondhandsongs.com". secondhandsongs.com. Retrieved February 24, 2019.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 226.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits: Eighth Edition. Record Research. p. 672.
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 253.
- Whitburn, Joel (2005). Joel Whitburn's Bubbling Under the Billboard Hot 100 1959-2004. Wisconsin, USA: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0898201624.