Sinai Hospital (Maryland)
Sinai Hospital is an American private hospital based in Baltimore, Maryland, that was founded in 1866 as the Hebrew Hospital and Asylum. It is now a Jewish-sponsored teaching hospital that provides care for patients in the greater Baltimore City, Baltimore County and surrounding communities. The implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) was invented here by the team of Dr. Michel Mirowski, Dr. Morton Mower, M. Stephen Heilman, and Alois Langer who are all in the National Inventors Hall of Fame for their achievement.
|Location||2401 West Belvedere Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Care system||Private, non-profit|
|Emergency department||Level II Trauma Center|
|Helipad||(FAA LID: 8MD3)|
|Lists||Hospitals in Maryland|
Since 1998, Sinai Hospital has been a part of the LifeBridge Health system, which also runs Northwest Hospital in Randallstown, Carroll Hospital in Westminster, Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Nursing Home (which is across the street from Sinai), Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, several medical office buildings in the Baltimore area, and a health and fitness club called LifeBridge Health & Fitness, located in Pikesville, Maryland.
Sinai Hospital is located in Northwest Baltimore along Belvedere Avenue, near the intersection of Northern Parkway and Greenspring Avenue, and about a block away from Pimlico Race Course. The entrance to the emergency department known as ER-7 is accessible from Greenspring Avenue. The hospital itself is also surrounded by Cylburn and Lanier Avenues.
The hospital is very close to exit 10 off Interstate 83.
The specialty areas at Sinai include:
- Alvin & Lois Lapidus Cancer Institute
- Bariatric Surgery Program at Sinai
- Sandra and Malcolm Berman Brain & Spine Institute
- Adult Hydrocephalus Center
- Spine Center at Sinai
- Stroke Center at Sinai
- CyberKnife® Center
- ER-7 Emergency Center
- Cardiovascular Institute
- Herman and Walter Samuelson Children's Hospital at Sinai
- Krieger Eye Institute
- Rehabilitation Center
- Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics
- International Center for Limb Lengthening
- Center for Joint Preservation and Replacement
- Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research
- Sleep Center at Sinai
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sinai Hospital.|
- http://www.lifebridgehealth.org/Sinai/Sinai1.aspx. Missing or empty
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Inc. – Hoover's Profile.
- "McNally...Hic...Suffers...Hic...9-Day...Hic...Siege". The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 27, 1975. p. 8. Retrieved April 20, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)