Sina Ibn Jamali
Sina Ibn Jamali, awc, psc is a retired Lieutenant General of the Bangladesh Army. During his tenures he held the appointments of Director Military Operations, Adjutant General, Bangladesh Army, General Officer Commanding of 24 Infantry Division, Chittagong and the Chief of General Staff in Army Headquarters. He also served as the president of Bangladesh Cricket Board from August 2007 to September 2009. Currently he is serving as Corporate Adviser at Radiant Pharmaceuticals Ltd, MD & CEO of Radiant Nutraceuticals Ltd, Radiant Distribution Ltd and Pharmacil Ltd.
Sina Ibn Jamali
|President of the Bangladesh Cricket Board|
19 July 2007 – 23 September 2009
|Preceded by||Kumar Dolase|
|Succeeded by||Mustafa Kamal|
|Battles/wars||Chittagong Hill Tracts conflict|
Sina Ibn Jamali, studied at Mirzapur Cadet College. He completed Masters of Defense Studies (MDS) and graduate of Defense Services Command and Staff College, Mirpur; ‘Staff College’ Quetta, Pakistan and ‘Army War College’ of USA.
He commanded two Infantry Battalions, an Infantry Brigade and an infantry division. He took part in counter insurgency operations in Chittagong Hill-Tracts.
On December 24, 2005 he replaced Major General Iqbal Karim Bhuiyan as the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of 24 Infantry Division, Chittagong. Before that he served as Adjutant General of the army.
He was appointed chairman of the Local Organising Committee for the 2011 Cricket World Cup in July 2009. The Bangladesh cricket team won their first test series against the West Indies during his presidency, in July 2009.
- "Mostafa Kamal appointed BCB president". Cricinfo. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Profile of LT GEN SINA IBN JAMALI, AWC, PSC (RETD)".
- "The Daily Star Web Edition Vol. 5 Num 561". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- "National Defence College". ndc.gov.bd. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- "Army chief heads interim Bangladesh board". Cricinfo. 29 July 2007. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Interim Bangladesh boss extends selectors' contracts". Cricinfo. 31 July 2007. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "BCB President Lt Gen Sina Ibn Jamali names as chairman of Local Organising Committee (LOC) for ICC Cricket World Cup 2011". The New Nation. 19 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Hail the Tigers". The Daily Star. 22 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
|This biographical article about the military of Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Bangladeshi cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|