Sinek, TEDx Maastricht 2011
October 9, 1973 |
|Occupation||Author, motivational speaker|
|Notable works||Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action|
Early life and educationEdit
Sinek was born in Wimbledon, England and as a child lived in Johannesburg, London, and Hong Kong before settling in the United States. He graduated from Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest in 1991. He studied law at London's City University and received a BA in cultural anthropology from Brandeis University.
Sinek began his career at the New York ad agencies Euro RSCG and Ogilvy & Mather. He later launched his own business, Sinek Partners. His talk How Great Leaders Inspire Action is listed as the third most popular TED presentation. In October 2009, he published his book Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. His second book, called Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t, appeared on the best seller lists of the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. His third book is called Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. His fourth and latest book is titled Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team which was published in September 2017. Sinek lectures world-wide at events such as The UN Global Compact Leaders Summit.
- Sinek, Simon (2009). Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. ISBN 978-1591846444.
- Sinek, Simon (2014). Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t. ISBN 978-1591845324.
- Sinek, Simon (2016). Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. ISBN 978-1591847854.
- Sinek, Simon (2017). Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team. ISBN 9781101992982.
- Kauflin, Jeff. "The Year's Five Bestselling Leadership Books, And Why They're So Great". Forbes. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- International Inspirational Speaker and Author Simon Sinek Returns to NVD, Northern Valley Regional High School District. Accessed February 15, 2013
- Maxwell, Chris (Jan 6, 2017). "Simon Sinek: To grow your business, let go". Director. Retrieved Jan 14, 2017.
- TED (2015-01-05). "The 20 most popular TED Talks of all time". ted.com. Retrieved 2015-01-05.
Number 3: Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
- Koji, David (2016-12-08). "An Inspiring Discussion With Simon Sinek About Learning Your 'Why'". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- Schawbel, Dan (Sep 13, 2016). "Simon Sinek: Why You Need Other People In Order To Build A Successful Career". Forbes. Retrieved Jan 12, 2017.
- Burnett, Jane (August 23, 2017). "Millennials are telling you why your company stinks but you're not listening: a Q&A with Simon Sinek". Ladders. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Programme | UN Global Compact". www.unglobalcompact.org. Retrieved 2018-02-17.