Sinek, TEDx Maastricht 2011
|Born||Simon Oliver Sinek|
October 9, 1973
Wimbledon, London, England
|Occupation||Author, motivational speaker|
|Alma mater||City, University of London|
|Notable works||Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action|
Early life and educationEdit
Sinek was born in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom and as a child lived in Johannesburg, South Africa, London, and Hong Kong before settling in the United States. He graduated from Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest in 1991. He studied law at London's City University and received a BA in cultural anthropology from Brandeis University.
Sinek has written four books, with a fifth scheduled for release in October, 2018. His first book, Start With Why, was published October 2009. His second book, called Leaders Eat Last, appeared on the best seller lists of the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times.
In June 2018, The Young Turks reported a $98,000 no-bid contract from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for "customized Simon Sinek leadership training" to take place between April 26 and May 15 2018.
- Sinek, Simon (2009). Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. ISBN 978-1591846444.
- Sinek, Simon (2014). Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don't. ISBN 978-1591845324.
- Sinek, Simon (2016). Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. ISBN 978-1591847854.
- Sinek, Simon (2017). Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team. ISBN 9781101992982.
- Sinek, Simon (2018). The Infinite Game. ISBN 9780735213500.
- "Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Kauflin, Jeff. "The Year's Five Bestselling Leadership Books, And Why They're So Great". Forbes. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- International Inspirational Speaker and Author Simon Sinek Returns to NVD, Northern Valley Regional High School District. Accessed February 15, 2013
- Maxwell, Chris (Jan 6, 2017). "Simon Sinek: To grow your business, let go". Director. Retrieved Jan 14, 2017.
- "Programme | UN Global Compact". www.unglobalcompact.org. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Koji, David (2016-12-08). "An Inspiring Discussion With Simon Sinek About Learning Your 'Why'". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "ICE Paid Famous Motivational Speaker for 'Leadership Training'". tytnetwork.com. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Instructor Simon Sinek Featured by 99% | Columbia University School of Professional Studies". sps.columbia.edu.
- "RAND Corporation Staff Directory". RAND Corporation. RAND Corporation. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Schawbel, Dan (Sep 13, 2016). "Simon Sinek: Why You Need Other People In Order To Build A Successful Career". Forbes. Retrieved Jan 12, 2017.
- Burnett, Jane (August 23, 2017). "Millennials are telling you why your company stinks but you're not listening: a Q&A with Simon Sinek". Ladders. Retrieved January 6, 2018.