|Born||Simon Oliver Sinek|
1973 (age 47–48)
Wimbledon, London, England
|Occupation||Author, motivational speaker|
|Alma mater||City, University of London|
|Notable works||Start With Why,The Infinite Game|
Early life and educationEdit
Sinek was born in Wimbledon, United Kingdom. As a child he lived in Johannesburg, London and Hong Kong before his family settled in the United States. He graduated from Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest in 1991. He studied law at London's City University, but left law school to go into advertising. He received a BA in cultural anthropology from Brandeis University.
Sinek has written five books. Start With Why, his first book, was published October 2009. His second book, titled Leaders Eat Last, appeared on the bestseller lists of the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times.
In June 2018, The Young Turks reported a $98,000 no-bid contract from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for "customized Simon Sinek leadership training" to take place between April 26 and May 15, 2018, provided by Ernst & Young.
- Sinek, Simon (2009). Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. New York: Portfolio/Penguin. ISBN 978-1591846444. OCLC 373054685.
- Sinek, Simon (2014). Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don't. New York: Portfolio/Penguin. ISBN 978-1591845324. OCLC 818731578.
- Sinek, Simon (2016). Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. New York: Portfolio/Penguin. ISBN 978-1591847854. OCLC 957455007.
- Sinek, Simon (2017). Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team. New York: Portfolio/Penguin. ISBN 9781101992982. OCLC 963912431.
- Sinek, Simon (2019). The Infinite Game. New York: Portfolio/Penguin. ISBN 9780735213500. OCLC 1101645201.
- Kauflin, Jeff. "The Year's Five Bestselling Leadership Books, And Why They're So Great". Forbes. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- NVD (11 February 2013). "Simon Sinek Returns to NVD". United States: Northern Valley Regional High School. NVD. Archived from the original on 12 September 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2020.
- "Simon Sinek biography, quotes and books". September 29, 2014.
- Maxwell, Chris (Jan 6, 2017). "Simon Sinek: To grow your business, let go". Director. Retrieved Jan 14, 2017.
- "Programme | UN Global Compact". www.unglobalcompact.org. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Koji, David (2016-12-08). "An Inspiring Discussion With Simon Sinek About Learning Your 'Why'". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "ICE Paid Famous Motivational Speaker for 'Leadership Training'". tytnetwork.com. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- "Award Summary, PIID 70CMSD18P00000045". usaspending.gov. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Maher, John (Nov 15, 2018). "Portfolio to Launch New Imprint". publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Instructor Simon Sinek Featured by 99% | Columbia University School of Professional Studies". sps.columbia.edu.
- "RAND Corporation Staff Directory". RAND Corporation. RAND Corporation. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- Burnett, Jane (August 23, 2017). "Millennials are telling you why your company stinks but you're not listening: a Q&A with Simon Sinek". Ladders. Retrieved January 6, 2018.