Simon Phipps (game designer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Simon Phipps is a British self-taught game programmer and video game designer. He began making games in 1982 when he wrote his first published video game he wrote while he was at school. He spent a few months writing business software before he was approached to provide some freelance artwork for Sheffield-based Gremlin Graphics. At his interview, he was offered a full-time position.
Phipps has worked on Acclaim Entertainment's hit Shadow Man, alongside game designer Guy Miller. Phipps worked for Acclaim Teesside, but about 9 months into making the game ShadowMan: 2econd Coming, he left for Electronic Arts (EA) where he worked alongside Guy Miller on the Harry Potter games for five years.
- Jet Power Jack
- Masters of the Universe: the Movie
- Skate Crazy
- Night Raider
- Rick Dangerous
- Saint and Greavsie's Football Trivia
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Rick Dangerous 2
- Asterix and the Power of the Gods
- Bubba 'n' Stix
- College Slam
- ShadowMan: 2econd Coming
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Whitta, Gary (December 1989). "Review - Swtichblade - From the team that put the dangerous into Rick comes Gremlin's mix of action and exploration. Gary Whitta's going underground..." The One. No. 15. EMAP. pp. 113–114.