Simon Hammelburg (born February 28, 1952, Amsterdam) is a Dutch entertainer, songwriter, author and journalist. During the seventies he started as a news broadcaster with AVRO Broadcasting (Radio & TV) in the Netherlands where he worked as an anchor and travelling journalist. In the early eighties he became the U.S. Bureau Chief for Dutch and Belgium radio and TV in New York  and for several newspapers and weeklies.
|Born||28 February 1952|
|Occupation(s)||Journalist, author, songwriter, entertainer|
Prior to the first Gulf War (1991) he produced the video Shalom from Holland with director Ralph Inbar and film maker Floris Sijbesma. The clip was performed by dozens of singers and musicians from all over the world like George Baker, Joe Bourne, Adèle Bloemendaal, Ruud Bos, Marco Borsato, Ted de Braak, Jaap Dekker, Lex Goudsmit, Donald Jones, Caroline Kaart, Ben Cramer, Lenny Kuhr, Thijs van Leer, Donna Lynton, Maggie MacNeal, Harry Sacksioni and Daniël Wayenberg as a token of solidarity to the Israeli people who were threatened by missiles fired from Iraq. Hammelburg co-wrote the song with Ron Klipstein. It became an instant hit in Israel, the Netherlands and elsewhere. Therefore, he received an honorable award by the Knesset.
Hammelburg co-authored various books, such as Mijn Jodendom (‘My Judaism’) and wrote Kaddisj voor Daisy (1996) and Broken on the inside - The war never ended (Aerial Media 2014), based on 1200 interviews with Holocaust survivors and their children, providing insights into the traumas of the first and post-war generations of Holocaust victims. The interviews were made during a campaign to help American Jews and other individuals file claims for property they lost during the nazi era in what was to become East Germany.
- Mijn Jodendom (co-author), J.N. Voorhoeve, The Hague, 1980
- Kaddisj voor Daisy: Herinneringen van holocaust-overlevenden en hun kinderen, Kok, Kampen, 1996
- Broken on the inside - The war never ended, Aerial Media Company, 2014 (reprint: Aspekt, Soesterberg, 2018)
- Van binnen is alles stuk: Herinneringen van vernielde generaties, (Dutch adaptation of Broken on the inside), Aerial Media Company, 2014 (reprint: Aspekt, Soesterberg, 2018)
- Het voorgesprek, Aspekt, Soesterberg, 2017
- Ons Jodendom (co-author), Uitgeverij Ipenburg, Elburg, 2017
- Simon Hammelburg Theater Encyclopedie
- Interview with Simon Hammelburg in Nieuw Israëlitisch Weekblad ("New Israelite Weekly"), 23 November 2014
- Profile on Simon Hammelburg in Joods Actueel ("Jewish Current"), June 2017
- Simon Hammelburg Beeld & Geluid AVRO
- Beeld & Geluid KRO TV from New York.
- Review of Kaddisj voor Daisy in daily newspaper Trouw, 14 February 1997
- Review of Kaddisj voor Daisy in daily newspaper NRC Handelsblad, 31 January 1997
- 2 Wage Campaign to Aid Victims of Nazis : Compensation: They are helping Americans file claims for property that they or their families forfeited when they fled Hitler's forces