Silent Sanctuary performing in Navotas in 2016.
|Origin||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Past members||Chino David|
Silent Sanctuary was formed in 2001 with three founding members Norman Dellosa (vocals, guitars), Paolo Legaspi (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Allen Calixto (drums). As a growing band, they experimented in their music by mixing in classical instruments to make a unique sound, adding the fourth member, Norman's high school classmate Anjo Inacay (cellist) to the line-up. In 2002, they were asked to guest in UnTV's In the Raw where Anjo asked Jett Ramirez to create string arrangements for their performance. More string instrumentalists joined them during that single episode. Later, Jett Ramirez (violist) and Chino David (violinist) were both asked as formal members of the band. The name Silent Sanctuary was coined by Dellosa. In February 2004, they released an independently produced full-length album in Millennia Bar and Cafe in Kamuning entitled Ellipsis of the Mind.
Later on, Sarkie Sarangay took over vocal duties for the band after Norman Dellosa's departure. Jett Ramirez left the band, after they released a first single "Rebound" in 2006. Jason Rondero, vocalist/bassist of indie band New Modern became the band's new bassist when Paolo Legaspi left the band after their successful label debut album called Fuchsiang Pag-ibig, a year after Sarangay joined the band.
Silent Sanctuary's second album Fuchsiang Pag-ibig, was released under Universal Records in 2007. They did this with the help of their manager Kerwin Rosete who has worked for Parokya ni Edgar, and is now the person behind One Big Family Artist Management. He also manages other OPM bands including Itchyworms, Ciudad, Soapdish, Overtone, Wandering Dew, and Concrete Sam. The same year in 2007, Silent Sanctuary also covered their 1st remake single of original APO's classic hit, Tuyo Ng Damdamin for APO Hiking Society's tribute compilation album KaminAPOMuna Ulit.
Silent Sanctuary spiced up their signature "classical music meets rock music" sound with the release of their 4th album called Monodramatic in 2013. Under Ivory Music & Video Inc., they launched the most awaited album since the last releasing way back 4 years ago.
Silent Sanctuary sang Angel Eyes theme song "Sa'yo" at the #MyxMo2014 concert.
- Current members
- Raymund "Sarkie" Sarangay - vocals, guitars (2006–present); keyboards (2013–present)
- Anjo Inacay - cello (2001–present); backing vocals (2017 –present)
- Allen Calixto - drums (2001–present)
- Jason Rondero - bass guitar, backing vocals (2008–present)
- Kim Mirandilla-Ng - violin (2017–present)
- Former members
- Ellipsis of the Mind (2004)
- Fuchsiang Pag-Ibig (2007)
- Mistaken for Granted (2009)
- Monodramatic (2013)
- Langit Luha (2015)
- Kami Na Po Muna Ulit! (Universal Records, 2007)
- Kisses Anniversary Album
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2010-04-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2009-05-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- [dead link]
- "Silent Sanctuary's New Album 'Monodramatic' Out Now!". ClickTheCity.