This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (July 2019)
Sida Košutić (20 March 1902 – 13 May 1965) was a Croatian novelist, playwright, poet, essayist, literary critic, columnist, lector, and editor-in-chief of Croatian Women's Journal. She was one of the most important female figures of 20th century Croatian literature.
|Born||20 March 1902|
Radoboj near Krapina
|Died||13 May 1965 (aged 63)|
|Resting place||Mirogoj cemetery|
|Alma mater||University of Zagreb|
|Period||realism, post-romanticism (lyricism) in poetry|
|Genre||poetry, drama, novel|
|Subject||childhood, relationship human-nature-God|
Košutić was the sister of Croatian politician August Košutić. She graduated pedagogy at the University of Zagreb. She was editor-in-chief of Croatian Women's Journal (1939–1944) and lector in the Croatian Publishing Institute, Vjesnik and Seljačka sloga. As one of the founders of the Croatian Writers' Association, Košutić's work was labeled as anti-governmental; after refusing to sign the capital punishment verdict at the show trial directed against Cardinal Stepinac in 1946, she was fired from the Croatian Publishing Institute.
Košutić was a lyricist, developing her fundamental idea of the aspiration of the human soul to God. Her poetry expressed Christian contemplative and metaphysical preoccupations, which is permeated with seeking a meaning in the mutual expression of love among men and God. Her best lyrical works come in form of the prose poem (the dialogical collection of poems K svitanju, 1927). Her patriotic poetry works are authentic and deprived of pathos.
- Sida Košutić entry in the Croatian encyclopedia. Access date 8 July 2019.
- Sida Košutić Review of her work by Stjepan Lice and Vladimir Lončarević in the radio talk-show "Duhovni profili" of Croatian Radio. Available at hrt.radio.hr. Published 20 October 2017. Accessed 7 July 2019.
- Andreić, Dominik (2019); "Okolnosti suđenja zagrebačkom biskupu Alojziju Stepincu, analiza sudskoga spisa i pravne održivosti presude". Obnova - časopis za kulturu, društvo i politiku 12 (1), 91-112.
- Sida Košutić Croatian Bibliographical Lexicon. Access date 13 July 2019.
- Maraković, Ljubomir. "O drami k svitanju". Hrvatska prosvjeta, 15 (1928) 1/2, p. 46-47.
- Those periodicals include: Novi čovjek (1926-27), Hrvatska prosvjeta (1927 –30, 1933–35, 1937–39), Književnik (1929), Hrvatska straža (1930, 1933 1938), Za vjeru i dom (1930–33, 1944), Hrvatska smotra (1933, 1935–37, 1939), Obitelj (1933, 1938, 1944), Glasnik sv. Ante (1934–37), Omladina (1934 –35, 1937–38), Kalendar sv. Ante (1935–41, 1943), Hrvatska revija (1936–40; Buenos Aires 1951; München 1968, 1975), Hrvatski dnevnik (1936–39), Kalendar Gospine krunice (1936), Danica (1938), Napredak (1938–39), Novi ženski list (1938–39), Morgenblatt (1939–40), Dom i svijet (1940), Hrvatski orač (1940), Hrvatska mladost (1943–44) and Glasnik bl. Nikole Tavelića (1944). Her works were posthumously published in literary revue Marulić (1982, 1992) and magazine Hrvatsko zagorje (1997, 2001). Source: Croatian Bibliographical Lexicon.