Shrimp Boat was an American rock band formed in Chicago, Illinois in 1987. After the band dissolved in 1993, Sam Prekop and Eric Claridge formed The Sea and Cake. Ian Schneller and Tom Jasek went on to form Falstaff. Schneller's experience with the band would also lead him to create Specimen Products.
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Genres||Indie rock, alternative rock|
|Labels||Bar/None, Rough Trade, Ajax, AUM Fidelity, Bomba|
|Associated acts||The Sea and Cake, Falstaff|
|Past members||Joe Vajarsky (non-official member)|
Tom Jasek (non-official member)
- Eric Claridge (drums, bass)
- David Kroll (bass, banjo, tenor sax)
- Sam Prekop (vocals, guitar, bass)
- Ian Schneller (guitar, vocals, drums)
- Brad Wood (drums, soprano sax, keyboard)
- Joe Vajarsky (max sax)
- Tom Jasek (drums)
- Some Biscuit (1988)
- Daylight Savings (1988)
- Speckly (1989)
- Volume One (1991)
- Duende (1992)
- Small Wonder EP (1993)
- Cavale (1993)
- Something Grand (2004)
- Thompson, Stephen (March 29, 2002). "The Sea and Cake: The Fawn". The A.V. Club. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Corbett, John (January 11, 1996). "Falstaff". Chicago Reader. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Rothschild, David (October 22, 1993). "Schneller's Fine Specimens Strike A Chord". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- "Something Grand - Shrimp Boat | Credits". AllMusic.