|Look up showpiece in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A showpiece is:
- An accomplishment which is worthy of display and admiration:
- An outstanding example of a type:
- A performance or composition which provides an opportunity for the display of a particular skill:
- A work of art or theatrical production presented for exhibition:
- In the satiric sense, a showpiece is a charade, a mockery, an empty or absurd pretense.
- "English Wikipedia Publishes Millionth Article". Wikimedia Foundation press release. 1 March 2006.
- "Wikipedia (English) Hits 1,000,000 articles". 1 March 2006.
- "Beacon Hill Park". Vancouver Island Campgrounds & Parks.
- "Organic Garden". Green Mountain College Map.
- Laura Jacobs. "Jerome Robbins, 1918-1998". The New Criterion Vol. 17, No. 1, September 1998.
|This art-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|