Shimmer Women Athletes
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shimmer Women Athletes (often referred to and stylized as SHIMMER) is an American, Chicago-based independent women's professional wrestling promotion which held its first event on November 6, 2005. Established by Dave Prazak and run by both him and Allison Danger, the promotion was created to give female wrestling talent from North America and beyond a serious, non-objectifying platform on which to display their skills.
|Sister||Ring of Honor (2005-2010)|
Full Impact Pro (2005-2009)(2010-present)
Ohio Valley Wrestling (2009-2010)
Frontier Wrestling Alliance (2005-2009)
The company takes a unique approach to staging its live events: Shimmer runs one large show every three months (on average) at the Eagles Club in Berwyn, Illinois. Two DVDs worth of material are taped at each of these super-shows, and are sold as single volumes—initially through Ring of Honor's online store, before being nationally distributed through retail outlets. Due to Prazak's prior work with Ring of Honor, the two companies are closely affiliated, with ROH promoting Shimmer by periodically featuring its performers on ROH pre- and main-show cards. In September 2008, Shimmer announced it would start its own wrestling school for female athletes.
Ring of Honor previously recognized the Shimmer Championship and the Shimmer Tag Team Championship; both of which have even been defended at ROH events. Its former sister promotion Full Impact Pro also recognized the titles and had defenses of them at its events. Shimmer is also the sister promotion of Shine Wrestling (which debuted on July 20, 2012, and holds events exclusively on Internet pay-per-view).
As of October 15, 2019
|Championship||Current champion(s)||Reign||Date won||Days held||Notes|
|Shimmer Championship||Nicole Savoy||1||November 12, 2017||702+||Defeated Mercedes Martinez at Shimmer Volume 99.|
|Shimmer Tag Team Championship||Cheerleader Melissa and Mercedes Martinez||1||October 21, 2018||359+||Defeated the champions Totally Tubular Tag Team (Delilah Doom and Leva Bates), and the teams of The Blue Nation (Charli Evans and Jessica Troy) and The Killer Death Machines (Jessicka Havok and Nevaeh) in a four-way tag team elimination match at Shimmer Volume 107.|
|Heart of Shimmer Championship||Samantha Heights||1||April 5, 2019||193+||Defeated Dust at Shimmer Volume 113.|
Shimmer's roster comprises a wide selection of top female wrestlers from all around the world. While most of them appear regularly at show tapings, the roster is not fixed and as such, is not listed on the main Shimmer website. The selection of wrestlers used in dark matches for the crowd that aren't taped for DVDs is called Sparkle. Usually, these are lesser-known wrestlers getting their first exposure to the Shimmer crowd.
The following roster is correct as of the tapings of Volumes 105-108 in October 2018.
- Allie Kat
- Ashley Lane
- Ashley Vox
- Britt Baker
- Brittany Blake
- Charli Evans
- Cheerleader Melissa
- Delilah Doom
- Delmi Exo
- Dynamite DiDi
- Indi Hartwell
- Jessicka Havok
- Jessica Troy
- Kay Lee Ray
- KC Spinelli
- Kiera Hogan
- Kimber Lee
- Leva Bates
- Mercedes Martinez
- Nicole Savoy
- Samantha Heights
- Shazza McKenzie
- Shotzi Blackheart
- Solo Darling
- Tessa Blanchard
- Vanessa Kraven
- Veda Scott
- Willow Nightingale
- Zoe Lucas
- Alex Gracia
- Dementia D'Rose
- Layne Rosario
- Robyn Reid
- Rocky Radley
- Trixie Tash
- Queen Aminata
Announcers, commentators, and interviewersEdit
- Dave Prazak - Play by Play Commentator
- Allison Danger - Color Commentator
- Portia Perez - Color Commentator
- Daffney - Former Color Commentator
- Joey Eastman - Ring Announcer
- Rebecca Bayless - Former Backstage and In-Ring Interviewer
- Valerie Malone - Backstage and In-Ring Interviewer
- Amber Gertner - Backstage and In-Ring Interviewer
- Chasity Taylor - Sparkle Ring Announcer
- Andy Long
- Brian Gorie
- Bryce Remsburg - Senior Referee
- Jennifer Carlisle - Former Referee
- Laura Mattano
- P.J. Drummond
- Carley Rae
- Bryan Alvarez: "Figure Four Weekly Newsletter #542". Cover date November 7, 2005.
- "Volumes 1 & 2 Taping - November 6, 2005". Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- Kreiser, Jaime Melissa (2006-10-19). "Shimmer bright light of women's wrestling". Canoe SLAM! Sports. Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- "A Title of Their Own". ROHwrestling.com. 2007-07-16. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- Martin, Adam (2012-07-19). "Indy News #2: Shimmer news, Prime, Resistance Pro TV". WrestleView. Retrieved 2012-07-21.