Sheikh (also spelled Sheik, Shaykh, Shaikh or Sheikh) is an Arabic word meaning the elder of a tribe, a revered old man, or an Islamic scholar.
Sheikh or Shaikh is an Arabic word; these words down below can also refer to it :
- Sheikh (Sufism), a Sufi leader
- Shaikhs and Sheikhs in South Asia, a social and ethnic grouping in South Asia
- Kashmiri Shaikhs, a large Kashmiri clan
- Gujarati Shaikh, a Muslim community found in the state of Gujarat
- Punjabi Shaikhs, a community found in Punjab consisting of Muslim converts from the Brahmins, Rajputs, and Khatris castes
- Rajasthani Shaikh, a Muslim community found in the state of Rajasthan
- Shaikh of Bihar
- Shaikh of Uttar Pradesh
- Sindhi Shaikhs, a community found in Sindh consisting Muslim converts from the Lohana caste
People with the family nameEdit
- Al ash-Sheikh – Saudi Arabia's leading religious family
- Aamina Sheikh (born 1981), Pakistani American actress
- Anwar Shaikh (critic of Islam) (1928–2006), Pakistani-born British author
- Anwar Shaikh (economist) (born 1945), Pakistani American economist
- Atif Sheikh (born 1991), English cricketer
- Javed Sheikh (born 1954), Pakistani actor
- Mohammed Sheikh (born 1973), English cricketer
- Saleem Sheikh (born 1967), Pakistani actor
- Shahnaz Sheikh, Pakistani hockey player
- Simon Sheikh (born 1986), Australian community campaigner and economist
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sheikh.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.