Shehzori (Urdu: شہزوری) is a Pakistani Urdu-language television series that aired in 1974. It was the debut serial of Haseena Moin, who later went on to become the most famous and successful drama writer of Pakistan, and to this day no writer has matched the popularity that she achieved. Shehzori is based on a work of the same name by Mirza Azeem Baig Chughtai. It was directed by Mohsin Ali.
|Written by||Haseena Moin|
|Directed by||Mohsin Ali|
Subhani Ba Yunus
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Network||Pakistan Television Corporation|
A young couple get married without telling their parents who do their best to split up the relationship. The short serial focuses on the ups and downs of the couples marital life and how Tara (Neelofar Abbasi) a strong woman, wins her evil father-in-law. This also tells us the story of Mustafa (Shakeel) a weak man who cannot take a stand for his wife. This comedy serial gives out several strong messages which are relevant to this day.
- Shakeel as Mustafa
- Neelofar Abbasi as Tara
- Mahmood Ali as Hashim
- Ishrat Hashmi as Tara's mother
- Khalid Nizami as Afaq
- Arsh Muneer as Mali Khala
- Subhani Ba Yunus as Ikram
- Mohammad Yousuf as Samad Chacha
- Rabia Mehmood as Begum Ikram
- Hadi ul Islam as Waqar
- Wakeel Farooqi as Ghunda
- Aftab Sethi as Doctor
- "'Shehzori' to light up the stage in July". The Express Tribune. 8 June 2022.
- "Every time Haseena Moin inspired us with her drama serials". Daily Times. 13 July 2022.
- "LITERARY NOTES: Azeem Baig Chughtai: sadomasochist or playful humorist?". Dawn News. 24 January 2022.
- 5 day Workshop on the "Future of Book Trade in Pakistan", held from 26-30th April, 1986, at Karachi, National Book Council of Pakistan, 1987, 1987,
... Some of these better known TV adaptations include "Shehzori" by Azim Beg Chughtai ...
- Shehzori, Pakistanica TV,
... Shehzori is a Drama of PTV network written by Haseena Moin. Cast includes Shakeel ...
- "Shakeel's journey over the decades". The Express Tribune. 28 February 2022.