Shaun Herman Weiss (born August 27, 1978) is an American former actor (1986–2008), well known for his roles in The Mighty Ducks movies.
|Born||August 27, 1978|
Montvale, New Jersey, U.S.
Weiss started his acting career as Elvis on Pee-wee's Playhouse, but his breakout role came when he earned the part of Greg Goldberg in The Mighty Ducks films. Weiss was originally supposed to play Atuk the Eskimo in the first Mighty Ducks movie and had one line, but his role was expanded. After the first two Mighty Ducks movies, he appeared as Josh Birnbaum in the Disney film Heavyweights. He also appeared in a reoccurring role as peripheral freak "Sean" on the short-lived NBC dramedy Freaks and Geeks, as well as cameo appearances on The King of Queens. He appeared in commercials for Captain Morgan, Castrol, Verizon Communications, and Mobile ESPN. Weiss appeared in the movie Drillbit Taylor, making an appearance as the school bus driver around the beginning of the film.
In July 2017, Weiss was sentenced to 150 days in the Los Angeles County Jail for petty theft. He served just 12 days in jail due to overcrowding. Five days after his release, Weiss was arrested on August 2, 2017, for possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, in Burbank, California and was sentenced to 90 days in jail. Weiss was arrested the weekend of August 3, 2018, for public intoxication in Oroville, California. Following that arrest, he declared that he was entering rehab. Weiss was arrested on suspicion of burglary and being under the influence of methamphetamine on January 26, 2020, in Marysville, California.As of September 10, 2020, Shaun had been sober for 230 days. There is a GoFundMe account to help raise money for his medical and sober living expenses.
|1986||Pee-wee's Playhouse||Elvis||TV series; 3 episodes|
|1988||Charles in Charge||Max||TV series; 1 episode|
|Webster||Herbert||TV series; 1 episode|
|1989||Empty Nest||Little Boy||TV series; 1 episode|
|The Cosby Show||Boy #2||TV series; 1 episode|
|1992||Here and Now||William||TV series|
|The Mighty Ducks||Greg Goldberg|
|1994||D2: The Mighty Ducks||Greg Goldberg|
|1995||Crazy for a Kiss||Mike Kinross||TV movie|
|1996||Sabrina, the Teenage Witch||Male Student||TV series; pilot episode|
|Saved by the Bell: The New Class||Hiram||TV series; 1 episode|
|D3: The Mighty Ducks||Greg Goldberg|
|1996–1997||Mr. Rhodes||Jake||TV series; 6 episodes|
|1997||The Tony Danza Show||Stuey Mandelker||TV series|
|1998||Boy Meets World||Louie||TV series; 2 episodes|
|The King of Queens||Teenager||TV series|
|1999||The King of Queens||Albert "Tito" Blott||TV series|
|Family Law||Wally French||TV series; 1 episode|
|1999–2000||Freaks and Geeks||Sean||TV series; 4 episodes|
|2001||City Guys||Delivery Guy||TV series; 4 episodes|
|Pack of Dogs||Stu||Short film|
|2003||The King of Queens||Store Clerk||TV series; uncredited|
|2005||Suits on the Loose||Elder Talbot|
|Las Vegas||Albert||TV series; 1 episode|
|2007||Crossing Jordan||Brian Osguld||TV series; 1 episode|
|2008||Drillbit Taylor||Bus Driver|
- Beckerman, Jim. "Archive: Montvale's Shaun Weiss on the ups and downs of being a star", The Record (Bergen County), August 6, 2018. Accessed October 19, 2019. "In the comedy "Heavyweights," opening today, 15-year-old Shaun Weiss of Montvale plays an overweight teen in a diabolical "fat camp" that seeks to strip him of dignity and candy bars.... A sophomore in Pascack Hills High School, Weiss began his acting career at age 6, when his parents responded to a newspaper ad that eventually landed him a part in a Bill Cosby Jell-O commercial."
- "Happy Birthday To Montvale's Shaun Weiss". Pascack Valley Daily Voice. August 27, 2015. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- "Ep. 53: Shaun Weiss a.k.a. Greg Goldberg tells of how he had diarrhea during his favorite scene The Quack Attack Podcast". The Quack Attack Podcast. August 27, 2015. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- ""'Might Ducks' Goalie Gets 150 Days in Jail for $151 Theft"". TMZ Sports. July 29, 2017. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- "'Mighty Ducks' Goalie Busted For Alleged Meth Possession 5 Days After Jail Release". TMZ. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- Char Adas (August 8, 2017). ""Mighty Ducks Actor Shaun Weiss Arrested for Alleged Possession of Methamphetamine in California"". People Magazine. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- McKenna Aiello (August 9, 2017). ""Mighty Ducks Actor Shaun Weiss Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail After Being Arrested for Meth Possession"". E News Online. Retrieved August 7, 2018.
- Taryn Ryder (August 6, 2018). "'Mighty Ducks' star Shaun Weiss arrested for public intoxication — and his mug shot is really, really sad". Yahoo Celebrity. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "Mighty Ducks' Actor Shaun Weiss Checks Into Rehab After He Was Arrested While Allegedly High on Drugs". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- "'Mighty Ducks' Star Shaun Weiss Reveals He's Checking Into Rehab". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Jessica Mensch; Katelyn Stark (January 29, 2020). "Former actor Shaun Weiss arrested after breaking into Marysville garage". KTXL. Retrieved June 25, 2020.
- Alexander Kacala (September 10, 2020). "Mighty Ducks Star Shaun Weiss Gets Sober New Teeth". Today. Retrieved January 24, 2021.