Shaquille Richardson (born March 21, 1992) is an American football cornerback for the Arizona Hotshots of the Alliance of American Football (AAF). He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arizona.
|No. 35 – Arizona Hotshots|
|Born:||March 21, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||191 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Los Alamitos|
(Los Alamitos, California)
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 5 / Pick: 157|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Richardson attended Los Alamitos High School in Los Alamitos, California, where he was an All-Region selection. As a senior, he made 38 tackles and five interceptions on defense and 31 receptions for 540 yards and five touchdowns on offense.
Richardson originally enrolled in school at UCLA but upon being one of three freshman players dismissed by the team, along with his cousin Paul Richardson and Josh Shirley. After his dismissal, he chose to attend the University of Arizona from 2010 to 2013. In 2010, he played in all 13 games as a true freshman, starting three. In his first career start against Washington State, he intercepted two passes. He finished the season with 29 tackles, seven pass break-ups, one forced fumble and two picks. In 2011, he played in and started 10 games, recording 47 tackles, a team leading four interceptions (73 yards), five pass break-ups and one forced fumble. In 2012, he played in all 13 games with 11 starts. He recorded 58 total tackles, one interception and 14 pass break-ups. In 2013, he started all 13 games, recording 55 tackles, including three for loss, three interceptions and four pass break-ups.
Richardson was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. He was cut from the Steelers 53-man roster prior to the start of the regular season but was then signed to their practice squad.
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
On November 17, 2015, Richardson was signed to the Titans' practice squad.
On January 9, 2018, Richardson signed a reserve/future contract with the Oakland Raiders. He was waived/injured on August 6, 2018 and was placed on injured reserve. He was released on August 23, 2018.
- Shaquille Richardson – Yahoo Sports
- Pittsburgh selects Arizona CB Shaquille Richardson with the first of two fifth round picks
- Chiefs sign cornerback Shaquille Richardson
- Alper, Josh (April 21, 2015). "Chiefs waive 2014 Steelers fifth-rounder Shaquille Richardson". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- Urban, Darren (July 31, 2015). "Cardinals add a cornerback". AZCardinals.com. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- Urban, Darren (August 31, 2015). "Lorenzo Alexander, Dave Zastudil Among Cuts". AZCardinals.com. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- sportrac.com. "Shaquille Richardson contract". Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Raiders Sign DB Shaquille Richardson To Futures Deal". January 9, 2018.
- "Raiders Sign CB Raysean Pringle; Waive/Injured DB Shaquille Richardson". Raiders.com. August 6, 2018.
- "Arizona Hotshots Week One Game Time Changed". Our Sports Central. February 2, 2019. Retrieved February 5, 2019.