Shane Rose and Statford Novalis Competing at the 2010 Melbourne 3 Day Event
|Born||24 April 1973|
As a child, Rose lived with his parents and three siblings in Duffys Forest, New South Wales, joining the local Pony Club when he was five. He was educated at Newington College Preparatory School, Lindfield (1978–83), and Pittwater House. Rose's love for horses continued to grow, and at 21 years of age he represented Australia in the Young Rider Trans-Tasman competition with Mr Joe Cool.
Since then he has competed at many prestigious competitions around the world, including success at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where Rose and his horse All Luck were part of the team that won the Silver Medal for eventing. He also competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics where he won a team bronze.
He was once kicked in the head by a horse which left him in a coma for a week.
- Beauford Miss Dior – 1986 Bay Mare
- 2004 Adelaide CCI**** Winner
- All Luck – 1994 Bay Thoroughbred Gelding
- 2008 Beijing Olympics – Team Silver Medal, Individual 27th place
- Taurus – 2002 Bay Warmblood Gelding (Aries)
- 2014 World Equestrian Games – Team Fourth place, Individual 34th place
- CP Qualified – 2003 Gray Holsteiner Gelding (Quite Capitol x Corofino I)
- 2015 Adelaide CCI**** Winner
- 2016 Rio Olympics – Team Bronze Medal
- Newington College Register of Past Students 1863–1998 (Syd, 1999) pp 170
- Shane Rose London 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2012