Serious Eats is a website and blog focused on food enthusiasts, created by food critic and author Ed Levine. A book was published by Levine in 2011. Serious Eats was acquired by Fexy Media in 2016.
Type of site
|Created by||Ed Levine|
The site consists of general food features as well as recipes and home cooking advice.
The site is notable for launching the career of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, whose column The Food Lab was adapted into a James Beard award-winning cookbook. Lopez-Alt's writing was highly regarded among amateur cooks for its rigorous approach to recreating cultural food icons such as the ShackBurger and Chick-fil-a in the home kitchen.
In 2008, Serious Eats was ranked #17 on Time magazine's list of the 50 Best Websites. Serious Eats was the recipient of two James Beard Foundation awards in 2010 for Best Food Blog, and Best Video Webcast.
- Fabricant, Florence (8 November 2011). "The 'Serious Eats' Book, Stuffed to the Cover". New York Times. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Gordinier, Jeff (2015-06-02). "Serious Eats and Roadfood Are Sold to Fexy Media". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- "James Beard award for Lopez-Alt's 'The Food Lab'". The Mercury News. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- Eats, Serious. "How to Make a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich at Home | The Food Lab". www.seriouseats.com. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- "Serious Eats - 50 Best Websites 2008 - TIME". TIME.com. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Congratulations and Thanks, Serious Eaters". seriouseats.com. Retrieved 14 February 2015.