Serge Merlin (born Serge Merle; 29 December 1932 – 16 February 2019) was a French actor. He was internationally known for his role in the film Amélie (2001), which received widespread critical acclaim.
29 December 1932
|Died||16 February 2019 (aged 86)|
|Resting place||Père Lachaise Cemetery|
On 9 July 2014, Merlin was made a Commander of the Order of the Arts and Letters.
- 1961 : Samson directed by Andrzej Wajda : Jakub Gold
- 1977 : La Chanson de Roland directed by Frank Cassenti : Pair Marsile / Ganelon / Thierry
- 1980 : Tusk directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky : Greyson
- 1981 : Cinématon n°158 directed by Gérard Courant : Himself
- 1982 : Danton directed by Andrzej Wajda : Philippeaux
- 1991 : Le Brasier directed by Éric Barbier : Betaix
- 1992 : Nous deux directed by Henri Graziani : Napoleon
- 1994 : Coma directed by Denys Granier-Deferre
- 1995 : Le Journal du séducteur directed by Danièle Dubroux : Robert
- 1995 : La Cité des enfants perdus directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet : The Chief of the Cyclops
- 2000 : Simon le mage directed by Ildiko Enyedi
- 2001 : De l'histoire ancienne directed by Orso Miret : Mr Bernstein
- 2001 : Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet : Raymond Dufayel (The Glass Man)
- 2003 : Le Intermittenze del cuore directed by Fabio Carpi : Agostini
- 2004 : Strange Crime directed by Roberto Andò : Daniel's father.
- Maurot, Élodie (17 February 2019). "Serge Merlin, le feu théâtral, s'est éteint" (in French). La Croix. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Héliot, Armelle (21 February 2019). "Serge Merlin: il brûlait sa vie sur les planches" (in French). Le Figaro. Retrieved 14 May 2019.