Serart is a collaboration album by two international Armenian musicians: Serj Tankian ("Ser-"), lead singer of System of a Down, and folk multi-instrumentalist Arto Tunçboyacıyan ("-art"). It was the first release on Tankian's own label, Serjical Strike Records.
|Studio album by|
|Released||May 6, 2003 |
April 21, 2009 (Deluxe Edition)
51:39 (Deluxe Edition)
Serjical Strike (Deluxe Edition)
|Producer||Serj Tankian, Arto Tunçboyacıyan|
|Entertainment Weekly||A- |
In 2008, Arto Tunçboyacıyan confirmed in an interview that a second album is planned. However, due to heavy schedules and lack of prioritisation, the album "won't be recorded anytime soon."
The album was re-released in a "Deluxe Edition" on April 21, 2009, along with "Sun Angle Calculator" and the two remixes from the Serart Sampler.
A promo CD of the album was made.
- The track "If You Can Catch Me" was named "If I Can Catch 404" on the promo.
- The track "The Walking Xperiment" was named "The Walking X-Periment".
|3.||"Devil's Wedding"||Arto Tunçboyacıyan||4:08|
|4.||"The Walking Xperiment"||Tankian||3:33|
|7.||"Save the Blonde"||Tankian||3:14|
|8.||"Love is the Peace"||Tunçboyacıyan||2:32|
|9.||"Leave Melody Counting Fear"||Tankian||3:45|
|12.||"Narina"||Tunçboyacıyan, Jenna Ross||5:31|
|14.||"Facing the Plastic"||Tankian||3:46|
|15.||"If You Can Catch Me"||Tunçboyacıyan||1:03|
|16.||"I Don't Want to Go Back Empty-Handed"||Tunçboyacıyan||4:08|
|17.||"Facing the Plastic" (Mindless Self Indulgence Remix) (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)||Tankian, James Euringer||3:56|
|18.||"Narina" (Bill Laswell Remix — Radio Edit) (Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)||Tunçboyacıyan, Ross||3:50|
- Short film "Sun Angle Calculator"
Serart Sampler is a promo sampler CD released by the band's label to promote their self-titled debut album.
|1.||"Serart Album Overture" (Special DJ Mix by Serj Tankian with samples from every track)||12:39|
|2.||"Narina" (Bill Laswell Remix — Radio Edit)||Tunçboyacıyan, Ross||3:58|
|3.||"Facing the Plastic" (Mindless Self Indulgence Remix)||Tankian, Euringer||3:50|
- Artist: Serj Tankian and Arto Tunçboyacıyan
- Executive Producer and A&R: Serj Tankian
- Co-Executive Producer: Peter Bahlawanian
- Songs 1-16 Arranged and Produced by Serj and Arto
- Serj: Placebo Effect Instrumentation Farming Fiscal Phoentics
- Arto: Avant-Garde Folk Master Tuning Survival to Experience
- Shavo AKA Tactic: Turning the Tablets on Narina, whilst The Walking Xperiment experiences Metal Shock
- Jenna Ross: Dances Vocally, Entranced by the Vision of Her Soul at the Devil's Wedding
- Vahe Marzbetuny: Objects to the Devil's Wedding Brandishing Unsheathed Sword
- Sevag: Introduces the Hurricane to the Devil's Wedding
- Tracks 1-16 Recorded by Luck in North Hollywood, CA, with the Help of Armen and His Birds
- Tracks 1-16 Mixed at Crystal Lake Sound Studios in Glendale, CA, by Bedros the "Sunrise" Man
- Tracks 1-16 Mastered at Ocean Way in Hollywood, CA, by Alan Yoshida-ian
- Tracks 1-16 ReMastered at Buzzbomb Studios in Anaheim, CA, by Paul Miner
- Track 17 Additional Music Written, Programmed and Mixed by James Euringer & Reproduced by the James Sisters
- Track 18 Reconstruction & Mix Translation by Bill Laswell, Engineered by Bob Musso at Orange Sound Studio in Orange, NJ & Mastered by Michael Fossenkemper at Turtle Tone Studios
- Sara Newkirk Creating Dominion Over Networking Hailstorms After the Rains
- George Tonikian: Hey Homie, Call Everyone, Go Everywhere Today, and Do Everything Ok? Great?
- Peter: Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, Went to School, Now He'll Eat Her
- Art Direction: Brandy Flower
- Cover Images: Bob Sacha
- Studio Collage & Shoe Image: Ari Michelson
- All Other Photos: Serj
- Serart (album) at Allmusic
- Serj to re-release SERART. SOADFans.com. April 10, 2009.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Allmusic review