Sentimental (Deborah Cox song)
Sentimental is a song by Canadian singer Deborah Cox. It was written by Cox, Colin Wolfe, and Dallas Austin for her self-titled debut studio album (1995), while production was helmed by Austin. Released as the album's lead single by Arista Records, it became a top forty success in Canada and the United Kingdom, while peaking at number 27 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number four on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
|Single by Deborah Cox|
|from the album Deborah Cox|
|Released||September 26, 1995|
|Deborah Cox singles chronology|
The video starts off with actor Omar Epps, who stars as her ex. He is seen entering a restaurant where she is to be performing. She is shown backstage, getting ready, where she is unaware of his presence. She then goes onstage and performs, and the crowd loves it. She then goes backstage afterwards and continues singing until she drops her head. He appears in the doorway and she looks up and sees him.
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||33|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||46|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||34|
|US Billboard Hot 100||27|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||4|
- "Deborah Cox – Sentimental (CD single)". Discogs. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Australian-charts.com – Deborah Cox – Sentimental". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 2858." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Charts.nz – Deborah Cox – Sentimental". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Deborah Cox Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Deborah Cox Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved July 30, 2018.