See the Light (Bo Bice album)
See the Light is the second album by American singer Bo Bice, released on October 23, 2007 by Sugarmoney/StratArt.
|See the Light|
|Studio album by|
|Released||October 23, 2007|
|Producer||Frank Liddell, Mike Wrucke|
|Bo Bice chronology|
|Los Angeles Times|||
Bice's debut album, The Real Thing, was with RCA. After parting ways with RCA, according to BoBice.com, he signed with the indie label $ugarmoney/StratArt, a partnership between Bo and the label of Strategic Artist Management, his management company. The album was released as a Wal-Mart exclusive.
Bice stated about the sound of "See the Light" that:
On the next album I’d like to go more rootsy, more country, more southern rock Bo.
"It's a star-studded cast, and I'm the only one on there who's not famous," the ever-humble Bice joked. "I picked and co-wrote the songs that if I was a guy who would be spending my hard-earned money buying an album I would want to hear." That means original back-to-basics Southern rock and country-tinged singer/songwriter tunes co-written with A.J. Croce (son of 1970s singer Jim Croce) and Chris Tompkins (Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats").
Bice also stated that he wrote thirty-one songs for the album and narrowed it down between ten and twelve songs. The songs will feature session performances by classic and southern rock luminaries keyboardist Chuck Leavell, The Black Crowes’s drummer Steve Gorman, and guitarist Waddy Wachtel (who has worked with just about everyone, including The Rolling Stones, Bryan Ferry, Stevie Nicks and Bob Seger).
All songs written by Bo Bice, except where noted.
|2.||"Take the Country Outta Me"||3:21|
|4.||"Only Words"||Bice, Dan Hardin|
|6.||"See the Light"||4:19|
|7.||"Sinner in a Sin"|
|9.||"Ain't Gonna Die"||Bice, Gary Nichols||3:07|
|10.||"Whiskey, Women & Time"||6:06|
- Performance credits
- Bo Bice- Primary artist, guitar, dobro, harmonica, 12 string guitar, mandolin, background vocals
- Phillip Shouse- Guitar, background vocals
- Glenn Worf- Bass
- Steve Gorman- Drums
- Thomas Lee- Keyboard
- Miles McPherson- Percussion
- Dan Dugmore- Lap steel, mandolin
- Ike Bartley- Saxophone
- Patrick Mitchell- Background vocals
- Raquel Wynn- Background vocals
- Carol Chase- Background vocals
- Vicki Hampton- Background vocals
- Shandra Penix- Background vocals
- Chuck Leavell - Keyboards
- Waddy Wachtel - Guitar
- Technical credits
- Bo Bice- Producer
- Frank Liddell- Producer
- Mike Wrucke- Producer, engineer
- John Beard - Engineer
- Eric Tonkin - Assistant engineer
- Louie Teran - Mastering
- Strategic Artist Management - Management
- Mary Ann McCready - Management
- Julie Boos - Management
- Joey Lee - Agency
See the Light's chart performance reached a number of 150 in the US. As of October 14, 2008 it had sold 61,000+ copies.
|Australia||October 22, 2007||CD, digital download||Sugarmoney/Strat||Standard|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "See The Light - Bo Bice". Allmusic. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- Bernstein, Jonathan (2 November 2007). "See the Light Review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Wood, Mikael (19 October 2007). "A welcome return to that down-home sound". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Bo Bice Links With Wal-Mart For New Album
- seMissourian.com: Story: Banking on Bo
- VH1.com : Index : 'American Idol' Vets Bo Bice, Constantine Maroulis Can't Stop Rockin' - Rhapsody Music Downloads