|Born||June 3, 1963|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||212 lb (96 kg)|
|High school||Brecksville-Broadview Heights|
|NBA draft||1985 / Round: 4 / Pick: 82nd overall|
|Selected by the San Antonio Spurs|
|1989||San Antonio Spurs|
|1996–2000||Dallas Mavericks (assistant)|
|2000–2002||Vancouver / Memphis Grizzlies (assistant)|
|2009–2010||Golden State Warriors (assistant)|
|2010–2013||Toronto Raptors (assistant)|
|2013–2014||Detroit Pistons (assistant)|
|2019–present||Perth Wildcats (assistant)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
The 6'8" forward played collegiately for the University of Wisconsin–Madison from 1982 to 1985, averaging more than 18 points per game in his senior season. Following his standout collegiate career, Roth was selected in the fourth round of the 1985 NBA draft by the San Antonio Spurs. He opted to begin his professional playing career overseas with Efes Pilsen in Turkey. He returned to North America in 1987 and appeared in 160 NBA games with the Utah Jazz (1987–88), San Antonio Spurs (1988–89) and Minnesota Timberwolves (1989–90) before returning to Europe to finish his playing career.
In 1989–90, Roth played for Bill Musselman, when the latter became the first head coach of the Timberwolves.
Roth had coached in the NBA Development League with the Bakersfield Jam from 2007 to 2009 before he joined the Golden State Warriors as an assistant coach for the 2009–10 season. He then joined the Toronto Raptors as an assistant coach for the 2010–11 season.
In the summer of 2014, Roth signed with Baloncesto Sevilla as head coach, but by September 2014 the Liga ACB had not processed his coaching license in time for him to start the season with the team. Audie Norris assumed formal head coaching duties in Roth's place,  until Roth's contract was terminated on January 22, 2015.
- DOM - Former NBA forward Roth lands national role
- NBA.com Scott Roth
- ACB notifies Sevilla the non-processing the license of Scott Roth; ACB.com, 23 September 2014 (in Spanish)
- Audie Norris será el primer entrenador del Sevilla como 'tapadera' del 'ilegal' Roth; Marca.com, 3 October 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014 (in Spanish)
- El Baloncesto Sevilla rescinde el contrato de Scott Roth; ACB.com, 22 January 2015
- "Timberwolves Announce Basketball Staff Additions". NBA.com. September 25, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- Zgoda, Jerry (August 29, 2017). "Scott Roth will coach Wolves' G League team". Star Tribune. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- "Veteran NBA assistant Scott Roth joins Wildcats". www.wildcats.com.au.