Scotland Food & Drink is the industry leadership trade association established in 2007. It aims to collaboratively grow the value of the industry to £30 billion by 2030 and to reinforce the reputation of Scotland as a Land of Food and Drink.
|Legal status||Private company limited by guarantee|
|Purpose||Umbrella group representing the Scottish food and drink industry|
|Companies within or associated with the Scottish food and drink industry|
|Website||Scotland Food & Drink|
In addition to its private sources of income it receives financial support from the Scottish Government.
Every year Scotland Food & Drink helps organise the Scottish Food and Drink Fortnight.
Scotland Food & Drink was created in June 2007, and aims to brings together all key sectors of Scotland's food and drink industry, plus trade organisations and public sector agencies (Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise).
Its launch was the first official engagement of Richard Lochhead MSP in his role as Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and the Environment for the Scottish Government. Since then, the organisation has developed and launched a new strategy for the entire industry called Ambition 2030 which looks to grow the industry to a value of £30bn by 2030.
Membership and affiliated groupsEdit
Members are drawn from across the Scottish food and drink industry, and include farmers, retailers, supporting organisations and trade associations. Members receive various benefits and services, and can contribute to industry-wide initiatives.
An executive group ensures support across the sectors. Its members include:
- Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
- Dairy UK
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Improve Ltd
- National Farmers Union Scotland
- Quality Meat Scotland
- Rowett Research Institute
- Scotch Whisky Association
- Scottish Agricultural College
- Scottish Agricultural Organisations Society (SAOS)
- Scottish Association of Master Bakers
- Scottish Enterprise
- Scottish Food & Drink Federation
- Scottish Salmon Producers Organisation
- Seafood Scotland
- "New organisation to create £10 billion food and drink industry in Scotland". Scottish Enterprise. 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2010-03-10.
- "Body aims to boost food industry". BBC. 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2010-03-10.
- "Ambition 2030". SF&D. 2009-12-03. Retrieved 2010-03-10.
- "Albert Bartlett signs up McLaughlin to spearhead Scotty push". The Grocer. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "Scotland Food & Drink Chief Executive Announces Departure". Scotland Food & Drink. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "SF&D Announces New Funding". Scotland Food & Drink. 2009-11-15. Retrieved 2010-03-10.
- "Member Benefits". Scotland Food & Drink. Retrieved 2010-10-10.