Number of locations
|Canton of Schwyz|
|Susanne Thelung (CEO) |
Lorenz D. Keller (Deputy CEO)
Dr August Benz (Bank President)
|Total assets||22.1 bn CHF|
Number of employees
Schwyzer Kantonalbank (SZKB) was founded in 1890. Since 1908, the bank has also managed the Swiss National Bank in Schwyz. By 1970, Schwyzer Kantonalbank had assets over 1bn CHF. In 1972, they began operation of ATMs. In 1990, the bank had assets over 5bn CHF. In 1994, the company moved into an extension of its headquarters in the city. In 1999, Schwyzer Kantonalbank opened their website and telephone banking options.
In 2020, the bank hired its first woman CEO – Susanne Thellung. The assets of the bank passed 20bn CHF for the first time.
Products and servicesEdit
Schwyzer Kantonalbank offer services including savings and current accounts, credit cards, investments, mortgages and loan facilities. The bank offers services to both corporate and private customers.
Schwyzer Kantonalbank has two leadership sections. The first is the Bank Council, who are the main governing body, a group of nine members who are elected by the canton. Currently led by Dr August Benz. The management and daily operations is run by a group of five, led by CEO Susanne Thellung.
- "Schwyzer Kantonalbank". Greater Zurich Area. Retrieved 30 June 2022.
- "Die Schwyzer Kantonalbank hat Tradition seit Generationen" (in German). SZKB. Retrieved 30 June 2022.
- "Susanne Thellung ist die neue CEO der Schwyzer Kantonalbank – sie kommt von der UBS" (in German). Luzerner Zeitung. Retrieved 30 June 2022.
- "Swiss and Liechtenstein Bank Ratings" (PDF). S&P Global Ratings. Retrieved 30 June 2022.
- "Schwyzer Kantonalbank". Bloomberg. Retrieved 30 June 2022.
- "Bankrat der SZKB neu zusammengesetzt" (in German). nau.ch. Retrieved 30 June 2022.
- "Schwyzer Bankdirektorin: «Bringe Frauen als Chefs ins Gespräch" (in German). SRF. Retrieved 30 June 2022.