Saturday Group is a marketing group that invests in and manages firms in the fields of fashion and entertainment marketing. The company is Based in London and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris and Milan. In 2014 Saturday Group operates 12 separate businesses that specialize in fashion marketing, advertising, publicity, and intellectual property ownership.
|Industry||Fashion marketing and investments|
|Founded||London, England (2003)|
London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan
Saturday Group's two Swedish founders, Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson met while working for Tyler Brûlé at The Wallpaper* Group in London in the early 2000s., The set up a creative fashion agency, Saturday London, in 2003, with the backing of Mother Holdings.
Grede and Torstensson then founded and invested in a number of businesses related to the fashion industry. In 2008, they established Saturday Group as a holding company for their investments and activities. In 2010, Grede and Torstensson worked with Net-A-Porter to create Mr Porter, the online luxury menswear shopping website.
The pair founded two magazines, Man About Town and INDUSTRIE, acting as Editors-in-Chief for both titles, and consulted for Vogue and GQ magazines, the Gucci Group, Richemont and J Crew. In 2010 they co-founded Fashion Networks International in New York, a next generation media company which published the blogs for fashion commentators, including Elin Kling and Derek Blasberg. The company was sold to Conde Nast in 2012.
As of 2014, companies in the Saturday Group are active in creative, digital, e-commerce, publicity, licensing, sales and distribution, talent brokering and brand management. Among their holdings are; the creative agency Wednesday, INDUSTRIE Magazine, Tomorrow, the global distribution company and Frame, a clothing brand based in Los Angeles, California.
- " 10 British Denim Brands We're Loving Right Now". Paper Magazine. by Mhairi Graham
- Barron, Kay. "That Saturday feeling". Financial Times. 29 March 2013
- "Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson | Founders Saturday Group". by Kenneth Richard |The Impressionist.
- "Meet the Men on a Mission to Create the Perfect LBD". Elle, Jul 18, 2014, Lauren David Peden.
- Wolff, Zoe. The Marketing Synergy of Saturday Group. Wall Street Journal, 20 August 2013.
- "BoF Exclusive - Natalie Massenet on the backstory behind Mr Porter". The Business of Fashion.
- Julia Neel. "Saturday Group's Founders Turn to Denim - WWD". WWD.
- "The Top 15 Moments of London Fashion Week". Fashionista, Feb 19, 2014.
- "In Advertising, Wednesday Is the New Saturday". WWD, October 10, 2013, By Julia Neel
- "Frame Denim Founders Talk Celebrities, The Perfect Jean & Canadian Tuxedos: My LA (PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post.