|Born||7 January 1920|
Bagani, Sangali District, British India
|Died||20 April 2008 (aged 88)|
|Alma mater||Mumbai University|
Dr.Babar was born on January 7, 1920 in the town of Bagani in Sangli District of Maharashtra. After finishing her high school studies in Islampur, she joined S. P. College in Pune and secured her bachelor's degree from Mumbai University in 1944. Subsequently, she obtained her master's and doctoral degrees, also from Mumbai University.
She was a member of the legislative assembly of Maharashtra state during 1952–57 and 1963–66. She was a member of Indian Rajya Sabha during 1968–74.
Since 1950, for many years Babar was the editor of Samaj Shikshan Mala (समाज शिक्षण माला) magazine.
- Kamalache Jale (कमळाचं जाळं) (1946)
- Ajita (अजिता) (1953)
- Athawatey Tewadhe Sangate (आठवतंय तेवढं सांगते) (1955)
- Swayamwar (स्वयंवर) (1979)
Collection of poemsEdit
- Jholana (झोळणा) (1964)
- Wanita Saraswat (वनिता सारस्वत) (1961)
- Stri Shikshanachi Watchal (स्त्रीशिक्षणाची वाटचाल) (1968)
- Striyanche Khel Ani Gani (स्त्रियांचे खेळ आणि गाणी) (1977)
- Mi Pahilele Yashawantrao (मी पाहिलेले यशवंतराव) (1988)
- Karagiri (कारागिरी) (1992)
- Rajvilasi Kevda (1969/1970) includes poem by Smt Mandakini Shankarrao Thorat