"Sarcastrophe" is a promotional single by American heavy metal band Slipknot from their fifth major label studio album .5: The Gray Chapter. The song was first released as a promo/digital single on October 14, 2014, the same day as the album's previous track titled "XIX". It was the third promotional single and fifth overall single released from the album.
|Promotional single by Slipknot|
|from the album .5: The Gray Chapter|
|Released||October 14, 2014|
The song was uploaded to their official YouTube channel with a few days leading up to the release of .5: The Gray Chapter. The song was released along with "XIX". Both featured original cover art; "XIX" became a single, while "Sarcastrophe" remained promotional.
Radio.com described the song as "[A] thunderous track, with typically anthemic death metal roars and technical, furious percussion." Loudwire said about the song "‘Sarcastrophe’ showcases the songwriting skills Slipknot bring to their recordings. After two decades of shredding through the metal world, the band certainly understands the art of crafting both songs and albums. ‘Sarcastrophe’ could be presented as Exhibit A to back up that claim, as the new cut exposes absolutely no cracks throughout its runtime. Vocalist Corey Taylor sounds as murderous as ever, guitarists Jim Root and Mick Thomson stack layers of guitar parts filled with personality, DJ Sid Wilson scratches at just the right moments and the act’s new drummer shows off his death metal chops once again with furious blasting." Music Times said "The brutal song is one more piece of evidence that Slipknot's fifth studio album is going to be one thrashing affair."
- Marcus, Ezra (October 14, 2014). "Slipknot Tease New Album with New Song 'Sarcastrophe'". radio.com. Retrieved 18 February 2015.
...the thunderous track, with typically anthemic death metal roars and technical, furious percussion.
- Neila Owen (October 23, 2014). "Slipknot – .5: The Gray Chapter". Allmusic. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
The Gray Chapter shows off just how unexpectedly wide the band's range is, going from a plaintive, atmospheric ballad like album-opener "XIX" to a thrash-inspired pummeling like "Sarcastrophe" without missing a beat.
- "Slipknot - 'Sarcastrophe'". Roadrunner Records. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Slipknot Premiere Two New Songs, XIX And Sarcastrophe". Kerrang!. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Slipknot Tease New Album with New Song 'Sarcastrophe': Listen". Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Slipknot: New Song 'Sarcastrophe' Available For Streaming - Blabbermouth.net". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Slipknot Unleash Pummeling New Track 'Sarcastrophe'". Loudwire. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- "Stream Slipknot's Brutal New Song 'Sarcastrophe' from Upcoming Album '.5: The Gray Chapter' [LISTEN]". Music Times. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
|This 2010s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|