Santa Rita de Cássia FC
Santa Rita de Cássia Futebol Clube is an Angolan sports club from the city of Uíge. The team made its debut in the Gira Angola (Angola's second division championship) in 2016 after winning the Uige province football championship.
|Full name||Santa Rita de Cássia Futebol Clube|
|Founded||29 August 2015|
|Ground||Estádio 4 de Janeiro|
|Manager||Almério Cristovão (c)|
In 2016, its debutant year in the second division, the club managed to be promoted to Angola's top flight division, the Girabola.
On February 10, 2017, shortly after the inaugural match of the 2017 Girabola between home team Santa Rita de Cássia and Recreativo do Libolo, one of the access gates of Estádio 4 de Janeiro collapsed as access was made free and attendants tried to force their way into the stadium. As a result, 17 people were trampled to death and 76 injured, 5 of whom with life-threatening injuries.
- Angolan Cup: 0
- Gira Angola: 1
- Uige provincial championship: 1
League & Cup PositionsEdit
Santa Rita de Cássia's season-by-season performance since 2011:
- PR = Preliminary round, 1R = First round, GS = Group stage, R32 = Round of 32, R16 = Round of 16, QF = Quarter-finals, SF = Semi-finals, RU = Runner-Up, W = Winner
Players and staffEdit
|Almério Cristóvão||Head Coach|
|João Manuel Paulo||Assistant Coach|
- Note: (c) = caretaker manager
|2017||Sérgio Traguil||Lusala Dady||Hélder Teixeira|
|2018||João Paulo||Mbuisso António|
|2019||Nseka Nitoya||Paulo Saraiva||Almério Cristóvão|
|2019–20||Kiombo Pemba||Marcos Chivinda||Almério Cristóvão|
- "Segundona". rsssf.com. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Futebol: Santa Rita vence campeonato provincial no Uíge". ANGOP Angolan News Agency. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Uíge: Dezassete mortos na partida de futebol entre Santa Rita e Recreativo do Libolo" (in Portuguese). ANGOP.com. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Futebol/Girabola: Santa Rita de Cássia ilustre desconhecido com mundialista no plantel" (in Portuguese). 9 February 2017. Retrieved 10 February 2017.