Sand Storm (2016 film)
Sand Storm (Hebrew: סופת חול Sufat Chol) is a 2016 Israeli drama film directed by Elite Zexer. It was shown in the Panorama section at the 66th Berlin International Film Festival. At the 2016 Sundance Film Festival it won the Grand Jury Prize in the World Cinema Dramatic section. It won the Best Film Award at the Ophir Awards. It was selected as the Israeli entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 89th Academy Awards but it was not nominated.
|Directed by||Elite Zexer|
|Written by||Elite Zexer|
- Lamis Ammar as Layla
- Ruba Blal as Jalila
- Hitham Omari as Suliman
- Khadija Al Akel as Tasnim
- Jalal Masrwa as Anwar
- "Sand Storm". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "Sufat Chol (Sand Storm)". The Numbers. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Berlinale 2016: Panorama Celebrates Teddy Award's 30th Anniversary and Announces First Titles in Programme". Berlinale. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Sundance: The Birth of a Nation Sweeps Top Prizes". Variety. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "ההכרזה על העולים לגמר - פרסי אופיר 2016". Israel Film Academy. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Brown, Hannah (20 August 2016). "2016 Ophir nominations announced – snubs and all". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "'Sand Storm' Wins Ophir Award, Becomes Israeli Oscar Entry'". The Wrap. 22 September 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Caspi, David (22 September 2016). "Oscars: Israel Selects 'Sand Storm' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 23 September 2016.