San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
The San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is a hotel in San Diego, California. Located in the Marina district of Downtown San Diego, the hotel is composed of two towers of equal height. The two towers are the 20th tallest buildings in San Diego and are a prominent fixture in the city's skyline. The 25-story towers have a height of 361 ft (110 m) and contain 1,362 rooms. The hotel is affiliated with Marriott Hotels & Resorts.
|San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina|
|Location||333 West Harbor Dr.|
San Diego, California 92101
|Owner||Host Hotels & Resorts|
|Management||Marriott Hotels & Resorts|
|Roof||361 ft (110 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Welton Becket and Associates|
The hotel was designed by Welton Becket and Associates, and built by developer Doug Manchester. The North Tower opened in 1984 as the Inter-Continental San Diego. The hotel doubled in size in 1987 with the addition of the south tower, at which point it was renamed San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina. In 2008 Manchester sold the property to Host Hotels & Resorts.
Unique to the hotel is the marina operated by Marriott, in contact with the San Diego Port Authority. The 450-slip accommodates vessels between 25 and 150 feet, and boat owners are eligible for all hotel amenities (including room service, fresh water, etc.) directly to their dock.
Since 2010, the Marquis has been drafting expansion to Marriott Hall, its largest meeting facility. In 2014, construction began on the north tower to expand Marriott Hall to 171,000 square feet of meeting space, while being LEED Silver certified.
- Weisberg, Lori. "InterContinental returning to San Diego". Sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- Freeman, Mike (April 25, 2008). "Manchester sells stake in Marriott; Downtown hotel now 100% owned by Host". Sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "San Diego Waterfront - San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina". Marriott.com.
- "Clark to Lead Construction of San Diego's Marriott Hall - Clark Construction". Clarkconstruction.com.
- Official San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina website
- Tower I and Tower II at Emporis.com
- Tower I and Tower II at SkyscraperPage.com
|This article about a hotel or resort in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|