Samsung SPH-M100 (UpRoar) launched in 2000 was the first cell phone to have MP3 music capabilities. The phone was named one of the All-TIME 100 greatest and most influential gadgets from 1923 to 2010 by Peter Ha in Time.
|Compatible networks||CDMA 1900 |
|Availability by region||2001 (U.S.)|
|Dimensions||4.1 x 1.7 x 0.9 in (106 x 46 x 23 mm)|
|Mass||4.2 oz (119 g)|
- ^ a b "Samsung SPHM100 >> specifications, photos, news". Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- ^ Bruce Brown, Marge Brown. "Sprint PCS Phone Samsung Uproar". PC Magazine. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- ^ a b Peter Ha. "Samsung Uproar - All-TIME 100 Gadgets - TIME". Time. Archived from the original on October 28, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- ^ "Samsung launched the World's first MP3 mobile phone - iMobile". Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- GSM History - reference site for history of first GSM mobiles
- Samsung website product details