Samsung Galaxy J1
A Samsung Galaxy J1 device
(last letter varies by region and carrier)
|Compatible networks||4G, GSM, HSPA|
|First released||February 2015|
|Availability by region||U.S.|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Ace 4|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy J2 (2015) |
Samsung Galaxy J16
|Related||Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace |
Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo
|Dimensions||129 mm × 68.2 mm × 8.9 mm (5.08 in × 2.69 in × 0.35 in)|
|Mass||122 g (4.3 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow|
|System on chip||Exynos 3457, Spreadtrum|
|CPU||Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Removable storage||microSD up to 256 GB|
|Battery||Removable Li-Ion 1850 mAh battery|
Talk time: Up to 10 hrs. (3G)
Music play: Up to 40 hrs.
|Data inputs||Touchscreen, Accelerometer, Proximity|
|Display||4.3 in, 52.6 cm² (~59.8% screen-to-body ratio)|
480 x 800 pixels, 5:3 ratio (~217 ppi density)
|External display||Super AMOLED touchscreen|
|Rear camera||5 MP (f/2.2, 31 mm aperture), autofocus, LED flash|
* Touch focus
* Face detection
Video: 720p@30 fps
|Front camera||2 MP|
|Sound||Vibration: MP3, WAV ringtones|
3.5 mm (0.14 in) audio jack
|Connectivity||WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile hotspot|
Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP
GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS
Radio: FM radio, RDS, recording
|Other||Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, E-mail, Push mail, IM|
Colors: White, Black, Blue
Price: 132.5456 US dollars (110 euros, 14,875.7379 Japanese yen, 165.7461 Canadian dollars, 169.3494 Australian dollars, 97.5348 British pounds, 600.8499 Ghanaian cedis)
SIM: Single SIM (Micro-SIM), Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
|SAR||0.65 W/kg (head), 0.87 W/kg (body)|
|Hearing aid compatibility||Yes|
As of September 2015, phones that have Verizon Wireless came with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. While phones that had an older version such as Android 4.4.4 KitKat (which it used to come with) would have an update for Lollipop.
The Samsung Galaxy J1 has 512 MB of RAM while also having 4 GB of storage. The phone also has a slot for a microSD card up to 256 gigabytes, and has DualSIM card support. The rear camera's resolution is 5 megapixels, while the front camera is 2 megapixels and both travel at 30 fps. It has a CPU of Dual-Core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, a GPU of Mali-400, and an SOC of Exynos 3457 and Spreadtrum.
The Samsung Galaxy J1 was announced on January 2015, then released the month after. In October 2015, the Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace was released. In January 2016, a 2016 edition of the smartphone was released. The month after that, the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt was released. One month later, the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini was released, and 4 months later, the Ace Neo edition of the phone was unveiled. Then in November of the same year, the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt Prime was presented in stores. Finally, the Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime was unveiled and released on December 2016, and the Samsung Galaxy J2 became its main successor.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Specifications". gsmarena. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Rakesh. "Codenames of Samsung Galaxy Devices". DroidViews. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Hearing Aid Compatible Phones Status". AirVoiceWireless. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Android 5.1.1 Lollipop to Samsung Galaxy J1 on Verizon Update Guide". Venture Capital Post. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 price, specifications, features, comparison". NDTV Gadgets. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Specs". PhoneArena. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Specifications". gsmarena. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) Phone Info". gsmarena. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016) Phone Specifications". PricePrice. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt Specifications". gsmarena. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 mini price, specifications, features, comparison". NDTV Gadgets. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace Neo price, specifications, features, comparison". NDTV Gadgets. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt Prime - Price in Bangladesh 2017 & Specs". MobileDokan. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime". gsmarena. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Edgar Cervantes. "Samsung Galaxy J2 leaked specs". Android Authority. Retrieved 2 January 2018.