Samad Seyidov Ismayil oglu (Azerbaijani: Səməd Seyidov İsmayıl oğlu; born on January 18, 1964) is a professor and an Azerbaijani politician who serves as the Member of National Assembly of Azerbaijan from the 36th Khatai electoral district.
Samad Seyidov in 2020.
|Member of National Assembly of Azerbaijan for 36th Khatai district|
|Assumed office |
November 6, 2005
|Born||January 18, 1964|
Seyidov was born on January 18, 1964 in Baku, Azerbaijan. He graduated from Psychology Studies Department of Saint Petersburg State University in Russia. Starting from 1986, he worked at Azerbaijan University of Languages as lab assistant, senior lab assistant, senior professor, vice-rector for education issues. In 2000, he was appointed Rector of the Azerbaijan University of Languages. He is member of International Association for Analytical Psychology As the rector of university he has established close ties with universities abroad.
Seyidov was elected member of parliament during 2000 parliamentary elections to the National Assembly. He was re-elected from Khatai district of Baku on November 6, 2005 during the 2005 parliamentary elections. He was also elected Chairman of International and Interparliamentary Relations Committee of Azerbaijani Parliament. Seyidov also chairs Azerbaijan-US Interparliamentary Relations Working Group and is a member of Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia interparliamentary working groups. He is member of New Azerbaijan Party.
Seyidov chairs the Azerbaijani delegation to Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) which consists of 12 members of parliament. He has been a member of the assembly since January 22, 2001. Seyidov is a member of Committee on Economic Affairs and Development, Committee on Migration, Refugees and Population, Committee on the Honouring of Obligations and Commitments by Member States of the Council of Europe (Monitoring Committee), Political Affairs Committee, Sub-Committee on conflict prevention through dialogue and reconciliation and Sub-Committee on External Relations. He currently acts as co-rapporteur of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) for the monitoring of Serbia,
- Legion of Honour, of the third degree (Chevalier) – 2011
- Medal "90th anniversary of the diplomatic service of the Republic of Azerbaijan (1919-2009)" – 2018
- Azerbaijan Democratic Republic 100th anniversary medal – 2019
- "Biographies database. Səməd Seyidov". Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "Samad Seyidov meets with Norwegian ambassador to Azerbaijan". Azeri Press Agency. 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "Руководить делегацией Азербайджана в ПАСЕ снова будет Самед Сеидов" [Samed Seyidov will chair the Azerbaijani delegation to PACE again]. Vesti. 2010-12-15.
- "Parliamentary Assembly of Council of Europe". Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- "PACE: News". assembly.coe.int. Retrieved 2017-11-04.
- "Rector of Azerbaijan University of Languages honored with Order of Legion of Honor". azertag.az. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
|This article about an Azerbaijani politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|