The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Samuel J. "Sam" Slovick (born June 23, 1958) is an American actor, musician, and writer.
|Born||June 23, 1958|
|Occupation||Writer, actor, musician|
Life and careerEdit
Slovick has written for Whole Life Times, LA Yoga magazine, and Good Magazine. His work on Skid Row, Los Angeles for LA Weekly won a 2007 prize at The Magazine Awards of Western Publishing, was submitted for a Pulitzer Prize, and was made into a documentary. In 2008, Slovick wrote a sexually graphic review of immigrant LGBT bar The Silver Platter near MacArthur Park. The review led to protests; it was later removed and Slovick apologized.
His recent work for Mission and State includes The People vs. Brian Tacadena and Sacred Monsters. He also recently released a documentary series for Participant Media's Take Part, Scenes From The New Revolution and an essay on political resistance for SLAKE literary journal.
- Bollier, Jeff (March 24, 2007). Oshkosh native nominated for Pulitzer Prize. Oshkosh Northwestern
- Walker, Alissa (March 28, 2011). A Video Series Giving a "Voice to the Voiceless" in L.A. GOOD
- Slovick, Sam (June 2007). "Skidrow Saints & Super Heroes". Whole Life Times. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- Slovick, Sam (March 2008). "Sounds Like Yoga: The Crystalline Grid". LA Yoga magazine. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- Slovick, Sam (October 2007). "Welcome to Los Angeles". Good Magazine. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- Slovick, Sam (March 9, 2006). "Coming of Age in the Mouth of Madnesss". LA Weekly. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- Sam Slovick. LA Weekly
- Slovick, Sam (October 2, 2008). Best Tranny Bar: The Silver Platter. LA Weekly
- Linthicum, Kate (July 13, 2012). Outfest: Wu Tsang's 'Wildness' documents the Silver Platter scene. Los Angeles Times
- Onion, Rebecca (March 10, 2012). Capsule review: ‘Wildness.’ Austin American-Statesman
- Big Tent Theory Archived 2014-08-13 at the Wayback Machine, SLAKE LA
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|