Salalah Mobiles is a 2014 Malayalam romantic comedy film written and directed by debutant Sharath A. Haridaasan, starring Dulquer Salmaan, Nazriya Nazim and Jacob Gregory. The film was produced by Anto Joseph Film Company and features music composed by Gopi Sunder. The film released on 24 January 2014, received negative reviews and performed poorly at the box office.
|Directed by||Sharath A. Haridaasan|
|Produced by||Anto Joseph and Mammootty|
|Written by||Sharath A. Haridaasan|
V. K. Sreeraman
|Music by||Gopi Sunder|
|Edited by||Zian Sreekanth|
Anto Joseph Film Company
|Distributed by||PJ Entertainments Europe, Tricolor Entertainment Aus/Nz/Singapore|
Afzal (Dulquer Salmaan) is a (Geetha) is so worried about him. Once, when his uncle comes from Salalah, Oman, he tells him that he can get a job over there. Afzal rejects it saying 'working is slavery'. He tells that he want to set a mobile shop and needs fund for it. His uncle accepts it with one condition that the shop should be named 'Salalah Mobiles'. Afzal appoints his childhood friend Binoy (Jacob Gregory) as his assistant. There was a bus stop in front of the shop and every morning a college going girl (Nazriya Nazim) comes there. Afzal falls in love at first sight. He comes to know that her name is Shahana and his childhood classmate and enemy Manaf has a crush on her. After some days he goes to Coimbatore to get some stock. There he meets Azhagarsamy (Santhanam), a genius who has made many unbelievable applications. Afzal plans to purchase some of his apps. In the bar, when they were just talking Afzal calls Azhagarsamy a 'genius'. Azhagarsamy, who is so excited, gifts Afzal his mobile tapping app. Afzal returns to his place and there this virus spreads through messages and Afzal starts hearing every callers. Slowly, Manaf realizes this and, being jealous of Afzal, reveals to the police about Afzal's nature
- Dulquer Salmaan as Afzal
- Nazriya Nazim as Shahana
- Jacob Gregory as Binoy
- Anwar Shereef - Abdul Manaf
- Santhanam as Azhagarsamy
- Siddique as Ajay Chacko IPS
- Geetha as Safiyumma
- Narayanankutty as Ramachandran PC
- Tini Tom as Venu Maash
- Mamukkoya as Mammad
- Jose as Salauddeen
- S.P.Sreekumar as Hari, Afzal's friend
- Ramesh Pisharody as Shajahan
- Janardanan in a guest role as Kodaangi
- Raveendran in a guest role as Hawala dealer
- Nirmal Palazhi
- V. K. Sreeraman (Voice Character) as Shahana's estranged father
- Kunjan as Munna
Dulquer Salmaan was roped in to play the lead role. Many heroines were considered but Nazriya Nazim was finalized. Jacob Gregory who had acted alongside Dulquer in the film ABCD, was cast in a prominent role. Tamil comedian Santhanam was signed by the director to play a Tamilian, marking his Malayalam film debut. Sharath A. Haridaasan said that Santhanam plays a prominent role that manoeuvres the story to its turning point.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Gopi Sunder chronology|
|"La La Lasa"||Nazriya Nazim, Abi.H.M, Gopi Sunder||Sharath.A.Haridaasan, Traditional|
|"Eeran Kaattin"||Shreya Ghoshal||B.K.Harinarayanan|
|"Rasoolallah"||Gopi Sunder, Divya S. Menon, Mohammed Maqbool Mansoor||Alankode Leelakrishnan|
|"Eee Mohabathin"||Gopi Sunder, Mithun Jayaraj||Santhosh Varma|
The film collected US$3,196 from UK box office.
- Akhila Menon (4 December 2014). "Which Is The Best Malayalam Movie Of 2014". filmibeat.com.
- M. P. Praveen (27 December 2014). "Tinsel town: The year of the underdogs". The Hindu.
- Dulquer Salmaan reverts to his local ways Archived 20 August 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Metromatinee.com (18 August 2013). Retrieved on 12 January 2014.
- Nazriya is Dulquar's heroine. Nowrunning.com (10 July 2013). Retrieved on 12 January 2014.
- Nazriya is Dulquer's heroine in 'Salalah Mobiles'. Sify.com (23 July 2013). Retrieved on 12 January 2014.
- "Santhanam also on The Shop of Salala Mobiles". Archived from the original on 1 January 2014.
- Soman, Deepa (29 December 2013) Santhanam to enter M-Town !. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 12 January 2014.
- "Dulquer-Nazriya starrer Salala Mobiles from today". Metromatinee.com. Archived from the original on 18 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Dulquer with Nazriya in Salala Mobiles". Deccan Chronicle. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "United Kingdom and Ireland and Malta Yearly Box Office". Box Office Mojo. 30 December 2014.