|Occupation||Painter and sculptor|
He grew up in what is now Bangladesh, British India. He has lived in France for the last five decades, while maintaining strong ties with India, where he regularly exhibits his works. He is married to French painter Maite Delteil. His extended family includes several eminent artists: his daughter, Maya Burman also lives and works in France; his niece, Jayasri Burman was inspired by him and is a notable artist in her own right; as is his niece's husband, Paresh Maity. He has had several exhibitions of his work in India, and elsewhere, and won several prizes. He has a large extended family.
A painter and lithographer, Burman's art has mythic and fantasy content and rich colors.
- Paintings at the website of Glenbarra Art Museum
- Website with brief biography and some images of his pictures
- "Artists must watch quality of their works amid market boom". Economic Times. 25 December 2006.[permanent dead link]
- "Sakti Burman's world". The Hindu (magazine). 22 June 2003. Archived from the original on 26 August 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2007.
- "Sakti Burman Profile,Interview and Artworks"