Saint-Michel station (Montreal Metro)
Saint-Michel station is a Montreal Metro station in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is operated by the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) and is the eastern terminus of the Blue Line. It opened in 1986.
|Location||7270 & 7325, boul. Saint-Michel, Montreal|
|Operated by||Société de transport de Montréal|
|Depth||15.8 metres (51 feet 10 inches), 33rd deepest|
|Architect||Lemoyne & Associés|
|Opened||16 June 1986|
|Passengers (2019)||4,770,170 entrances, 22nd of 68 7.1%|
It is a side platform station with two entrances on either side of boul. St-Michel connecting to a common ticket hall. Unlike all other stations on the Blue Line, the station is only as long as the six-car trains used on the line; all the others were built to accommodate a nine-car train. However, the station cavern is long enough for a nine-car train; the extra space could be opened and finished to accommodate full-length trains if and when the STM decides to extend the line east into the boroughs of St. Leonard and Anjou, committing to the line's original design.
Origin of nameEdit
Saint-Michel station takes its name from the street under which it lies, boulevard Saint-Michel, named since about the late eighteenth century for the former Ville Saint-Michel within which it is located. Saint-Michel is the French Catholic title for the archangel Michael.
Connecting bus routesEdit
|Société de transport de Montréal|
|41 Quartier Saint-Michel / Ahuntsic|
|141 Jean Talon East|
|253 Navette Or - Saint-Michel|
|467 Express Saint-Michel|
Nearby points of interestEdit
- Little Maghreb
- Saint-Michel Library
- Centre administratif - Ville de Montréal
- Joseph-François-Perrault School
- John F Kennedy School
- François-Perrault Park
- Société de transport de Montréal (2020-05-21). Entrants de toutes les stations de métro en 2019 (Report) – via Access to Information Act request, reference no. 0308.2020.091.
- Société de transport de Montréal (2019-08-08). Achalandage du métro mensuel, station par station (Report) – via Access to Information Act request, reference no. 0308.2019.197.
- Saint-Michel Metro Station
- "Blue line extension". Société de transport de Montréal. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Saint-Michel (Montreal Metro).|