Nicole Stokholm Pedersen (born 30 June 1977), known professionally as Sada Vidoo, is a Danish singer and songwriter. She is best known for taking part in series thirteen of The X Factor UK and Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2017.
|Birth name||Nicole Stokholm Pedersen|
|Also known as|
|Born||30 June 1977|
Life and careerEdit
Early life and career beginningsEdit
Nicole Stokholm Pedersen was born on 30 June 1977 in Copenhagen to a Danish mother and a Palestinian father, who left Vidoo's family when she was young. Because she was bullied at school, she started writing and recording songs as a form of escape. As a result, Vidoo pursued a music career.
Under her given name Nicole, she signed a record deal with Virgin Records Denmark in the late 1990s and came to prominence by singing the hook to DJ Aligator's 2000 single "Lollipop". The song hit the top 10 in Norway and Sweden and was the sixth best-selling single of 2000 in Denmark. Her debut single, "Hide Away", was released in 2001, and a series of singles through Virgin followed until the label dropped her because the singer was not "pretty enough for the camera." Since then, Vidoo focused on songwriting. Her first hit as a songwriter became "Ten Miles", released by Infernal in 2006. The song hit number two on the Polish Airplay Chart and was certified Platinum in Denmark. Between 2002 and 2007, the artist would tour as the lead singer for Snap! in Europe. In 2008, she became a finalist on the Danish vocal talent show Elsk mig i nat from Kanal 5. As Nicole Stokholm, the singer was part of the group The Stokholm Promise, which released the 2010 charity single "United" featuring Danish rapper M.I.L.O.—former ISAF 9 soldier—in honour of Danish soldiers who died in Afghanistan. Also in 2010, the artist adopted the stage name Miss Nicole and was featured on Danish rapper Sami Krid's Danish-language single "Kostbar", which had a music video released in 2011.
2012–present: A Story with No End, The X Factor and Dansk Melodi Grand PrixEdit
In 2012, Vidoo moved to London, where she started working with British musicians Russ and Chris Ballard. She later adopted her "living doll" persona Sada Vidoo, and released her debut album A Story with No End on 11 August 2014 through Target Records. The album includes three singles—"The Actress", "China Doll", and a cover of Pat Benatar's "Love Is a Battlefield"—and received mixed to positive reviews. The singer performed at the 2014 edition of Copenhagen Pride also in August of that year. With "Love Is a Battlefield", Vidoo auditioned for the thirteenth series of the British The X Factor in 2016. After singing "Hold On" in bootcamp and "Numb" during the Six-Chair Challenge, she was eliminated in the process of going to the Judge's House with mentor Sharon Osbourne in the "Over 25" category. Vidoo was among the auditionees who returned to the X Factor stage and performed "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" in the final.
Vidoo competed to represent Denmark in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 through the national final Dansk Melodi Grand Prix with her entry "Northern Lights", which did not advance to the super final in the selection held on 25 February 2017. "Northern Lights" was released internationally three days later. On 1 March 2017, Danish channel DR started broadcasting 4-episode docu-series Sada Vidoo chronicling Vidoo's life and career.
|A Story with No End||
|A Beautiful Lie||
As lead artistEdit
|Credited as Nicole|
|"I Don't Love You... No More"|
(featuring Jan W)
|Credited as Sada Vidoo|
|"The Actress"||2014||A Story with No End|
|"Love Is a Battlefield"|
|"Northern Lights"||2017||A Beautiful Lie|
As featured artistEdit
|Credited as Nicole|
|"Tell Me Why"
(Morgan featuring Nicole)
|"A Different World"|
(Misja Helsloot vs. Roland K. featuring Nicole)
|Credited as Miss Nicole|
(Sami Krid featuring Miss Nicole)
|Credited as Nicole|
(featuring Me & My)
- Nygaard, Kristian (25 February 2017). "Historien om Sada Vidoo: Derfor lever grandprix-favoritten som en dukke". BT (in Danish). Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "Sada Vidoo: the X Factor hopeful who is a platinum-selling star in Denmark". Telegraph. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "DJ Aligator Project - Lollipop (song) peak positions worldwide". IFPI Denmark. danishcharts.dk. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Års Hitlister 2000: Singles top 50" (in Danish). IFPI Danmark. music.org. Archived from the original on 16 November 2001.
- "Nielsen Music Control Airplay Services: Poland Top 5" (in Polish). Nielsen Music Control. Archived from the original on 6 November 2007.
- "Guld og platin i august" (in Danish). IFPI Denmark. 15 September 2006. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Gaunt, Michael Charles (24 February 2017). "Dansk grandprix-favorit er en dukke: »Jeg er godt klar over, at jeg er lidt ekstra avantgarde«". Berlingske (in Danish). Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Miss Nicole". MySpace. Archived from the original on 27 November 2011.
- "NICOLE FRA KANAL 5: ELSK MIG I NAT - SE og HØR".
- Kjærulff, Anders (3 December 2017). "Danmark i krig: Soldater får støttesang". Ekstra Bladet (in Danish). Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "United (feat. M.I.L.O.) by The Stokholm Promise". iTunes Store (us). Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Kostbar (feat. Miss Nicole) - Single by Sami Krid". iTunes Store (dk). Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Sami Krid Feat Miss Nicole - KOSTBAR". YouTube. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Jensen, Nanna Jenner (10 August 2014). "Sada Vidoo: A Story With No End". Gaffa (in Danish). Archived from the original on 11 September 2016.
- Andersson, Karin (8 April 2015). "Starkt eget uttryck". Upsala Nya Tidning (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 29 April 2017.
- Grundtvig, Annemette (30 August 2014). "Pride-sanger: »Jeg har nok 100 par sko«". Politiken (in Danish). Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Percival, Ash (11 December 2016). "'X Factor' Final: The Failed Auditionees Returned To Perform And It Was Even More Tuneless Than You'd Imagine". HuffPost United Kingdom. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "A Story with no End by Sada Vidoo". iTunes Store (dk). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Christensen, Mette (2017-09-07). "Sada Vidoo udgiver EP'en "A Beautiful Lie" - Lyt til første single "Iconic"". Good Evening Europe. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- Nicole feat. Almo (2001). Hide Away (CD). Denmark: Virgin. 7243 8 976312 6.
- Nicole feat. Jan W (2001). I Don't Love You... No More (CD). Denmark: Virgin. 7243 8 979772 5.
- "The Actress - Single by Sada Vidoo". iTunes Store (dk). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "China Doll - Single by Sada Vidoo". iTunes Store (dk). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Love Is a Battlefield - Single by Sada Vidoo". iTunes Store (dk). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Northern Lights - Single by Sada Vidoo". iTunes Store (dk). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Morgan feat. Nicole (2002). Tell Me Why (CD). Denmark: Big Star Records. BIG CDM 064.
- Misja Helsloot Vs Roland K Feat. Nicole (2002). A Different World (Vinyl). The Netherlands: First Second Records. FIS 002.
- Nicole feat. Me & My (2002). Te Quiero (promo CD). Denmark: Virgin. none.
- "Nicole & Me & My" (in Danish). Virgin Records Denmark. 30 May 2002. Archived from the original on 23 June 2002.