Sachiiro no One Room
Sachiiro no One Room (幸色のワンルーム, transl. "Happiness-colored One Room") is a Japanese manga by Hakuri. The manga was first published in Square Enix and Pixiv's web manga magazine Gangan Pixiv since February 2017 and reached more than 75 million viewers as of June 2017. A television drama adaptation starring Anna Yamada and Shūhei Uesugi premiered on TV Asahi July 8, 2018. The official English title of the drama adaptation is A Little Room for Hope.
|Sachiiro no One Room|
First volume cover
(Sachiiro no Wan Rūmu)
|Published by||Square Enix|
|Imprint||Gangan Comics Pixiv|
|Original run||February 2017 – present|
|Directed by||Ryûichi Honda, Kyōhei Tamazawa|
|Music by||"Neiro" by Flow|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Original run||8 July 2018 – 23 September 2018|
An unnamed 14-year-old girl who is physically abused by her parents, sexually abused by her teacher and bullied by her classmates decides to commit suicide, but is stopped by an unnamed 26-year-old man who always wears a mask. She decides to run away to live with the man and begins calling him mister or "Onii-san". He gives her the name Sachi, meaning happiness. The police treat her disappearance as a kidnapping, and begin searching for the two. They make a pact that if they can escape from the police they will get married, but if they get caught they will end their life.
- Mister (お兄さん Onii-san)
- Portrayed by: Shuhei Uesugi
- This character whose name and age are unknown is a man who always covers his face with a mask, and is notable for his silver-colored hair. He first appears as Sachi's "stalker"—he took a lot of picture of her and put them on a wall at his home. After saving Sachi from committing suicide, he decided to give Sachi a chance to "taste happiness" while doubting whether what he does—kidnapping her—is the right thing to do.
- Sachi (幸)
- Portrayed by: Inori Minase (TVCM), Anna Yamada (TV series)
- Sachi is a 14-year-old victim of her abusive parents and was bullied by her friends at school. Sick of her own life, she decides to end her own life before the "older brother" saved her life. Her current name is given by the older brother, and the kanji of her name comes from the word "happiness," which Sachi always adored.
As of July 2019, 6 compilation volumes have been released.
A live-action drama adaptation started broadcasting on July 8, 2018 in TV Asahi. The drama starred Anna Yamada and Shuhei Uesugi as Sachi and "Older brother" respectively. It is the second work to be aired in TV Asahi's "Drama L" slot. Five-piece band Flow performs the theme song titled "Neiro" (音色, transl. "Sound-colored")
In 2017, the series won third place in Pixiv and Nippon Shuppan Hanbai, Inc's Web Manga General Election.
- "Live-Action Sachiiro no One Room Series Reveals Cast, July 8 Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "ガンガンpixiv「幸色のワンルーム」②巻CM". YouTube (in Japanese). Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "幸色のワンルーム(4) (ガンガンコミックスpixiv)". Amazon.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "山田杏奈、「幸色のワンルーム」実写化でドラマ初主演！ 上杉柊平共演で"被害者"と"誘拐犯"のいびつな共同生活描く". ザテレビジョン (in Japanese). Retrieved 26 July 2018.