Saadaram (also spelled as Sadaram) is a 1995 Malayalam film directed by Jose Thomas and stars Suresh Gopi, Lalu Alex, Geetha, Suvarna Mathew, Chithra, Sreenath, Kaviyoor Ponnamma and Sukumari main roles. The script was written by A. K. Lohithadas.
|Directed by||Jose Thomas|
|Produced by||N. Krishnakumar (Kireedam Unni)|
|Written by||A. K. Lohithadas|
|Distributed by||Kireedam Release|
Though a lawyer by profession, Raghunandan Menon (Suresh Gopi) finds happiness in farming. He leads a happy life along with his family consisting of mother (Kaviyoor Ponnamma), elder brother, and his family. Raghunandan's fiancee Lekha (Suvarna Mathew) is a research student in literature. One night, on a usual walk through his farm, Raghu saves a severely wounded girl (Geetha]). On the next morning, she introduces herself as Seethalakshmi and informs him that she was brutally raped by gang of men, who later dumped her. Raghu offers her shelter in his farmhouse for next couple of days. Lekha, who happened to make a surprise visit finds Sethu in the farmhouse, whom she mistakes to be having an affair with Raghu. His explanations fail to convince her. Up on knowing about a girl staying at the farmhouse, Harinandan Menon (Lalu Alex), the elder brother, who is also a senior police officer arrives at the farmhouse. He is shocked to see Seethalakshmi and returns suddenly without saying anything. Seetha explains Raghu that Hari was one among those men who raped her. On reaching home to know more about the incident, Hari confesses of his mistake and tries to justify that he was in an inebriated condition. But Raghu is adamant of giving justice to Seetha. Raghu in attempt of bringing justice to Seetha faces severe opposition from within his house including his mom, fiancee and sister-in law. Upon knowing that Seetha is a rape victim, Madhavan (Ravi Vallathol) her fiance shows his unwillingness to accept her. In order to give a new life to her, Raghu marries Seetha and brings her to his house. But at home, he is asked by his sister-in law (Chithra) not to bring Seetha inside. Raghu takes Seetha and drives away.
- Suresh Gopi as Adv.Raghunandan Menon
- Lalu Alex as DySP Harichandra Menon
- Geetha as Seethalakshmi
- Kaviyoor Ponnamma as Bhanumathi
- Chithra as Malathi
- Sivaji as Gangadharan Menon
- Madhupal as Nazar
- Sreenath as Ravichandra Menon
- Mammukoya as Veerappan (Kunjalu)
- Priyanka Anoop as Dakshayani
- Bindu Panikkar as Rama
- Suvarna Mathew as Lekha
- Spadikam George as
- Ravi Vallathol as Madhavan
- Kozhikode Narayanan Nair as Sankara Warrier
- Sonia Baiju as Jessy
- Anila Sreekumar as Kallu
- Reshmi Soman as Sreekutty
- Devi S as Arya
- "1995 Cinema". kerala.gov.in. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- Bowker's Complete Video Directory, 1999: Entertainment, titles A-S. R. R. Bowker. 1999. p. 1221. ISBN 978-0-8352-4202-8.
- "Lohithadas Filmography". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1999) Encyclopaedia of Indian cinema. British Film Institute. Accessed October 2011.