A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2013)
Shantou Institute of Ultrasonic Instruments Co., Ltd (SIUI) is China's biggest manufacturing base  of ultrasound with longest history. SIUI goes through a technology development of A-B-C-D-E. Each step has driven the industry progress in China. A: A mode ultrasound equipment. B:B mode ultrasound imaging equipment. C:Color Doppler. In 1997, SIUI manufactured its first color Doppler system Apogee 800.D:Real-time 3D/4D ultrasound. In 2008, SIUI developed the real-time 3D/4D technology, and released a series of real-time 3D/ 4D color Doppler systems. E: Elastography.
|Industry||Medical Devices/NDT instruments/Medical and NDT probes/Wedge|
|Founded||Shantou, China (1978)|
|Li Delai, President|
|Products||ultrasound imaging systems, medical X-Ray imaging products, non-destructive testing instruments.|
Number of employees
SIUI develops and manufactures a variety of ultrasound imaging systems and accessories for both human and veterinary use, and NDT equipment including phased-array ultrasonic flaw detector, conventional flaw detector, thickness gauge, probes and accessories. The company is currently organized into three product category divisions: ultrasound imaging systems, medical X-Ray imaging products, and non-destructive testing instruments. SIUI has been certified by ISO9001 Certification, European CE Marking and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
In addition to its facilities in and around Shantou, SIUI maintains more 20 offices around China and around the world.
The Ultrasound Imaging Systems division develops and manufactures a complex medical ultrasound imaging solution including B/W, color Doppler, volume 4D imaging & veterinary ultrasound products.
The Non Destructive Testing Products division provides phased-array ultrasonic flaw detector, conventional flaw detector, thickness gauge, probes and accessories serving in machinery, metallurgy, railway, shipbuilding, aircraft and building. SIUI is the member of the following professional societies: American Society for Nondestructive Testing, The Chinese Society of NDT, JSNDI and British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing.
- "Advances to Ultramedix's ultrasound lineup for 2012=2012-02-04". Newsmaker.com.au. Archived from the original on 2013-07-04. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "About SIUI=2013-02-04". Ultramedix.com. Archived from the original on 2013-04-27. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Ultrasonic Phased Array Inspection on PE Pipe Heat Fusion Joints and Electro-Fusion Joints" (PDF). SIUIndt. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Effects of Various Couplants on Carbon Steel and Aluminium Materials Using Ultrasonic Testing" (PDF). SIUIndt. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Monitor the circumferential welds of Multi-layer Thick-wall Pressure Vessels Serving at Elevated Temperature by Ultrasonic Testing" (PDF). SIUIndt. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- "Chinese Pharmaceutical Market 2013-2023". Marketresearch.ulitzer.com. Retrieved 2013-09-06.
- [dead link]
- "JSNDI". Jsndi.jp. Retrieved 2013-09-06.