SCImago Institutions Rankings
The SCImago Institutions Rankings (SIR) since 2009 has published its international ranking of worldwide research institutions, the SIR World Report. The SIR World Report is the work of the SCImago Research Group, a Spain-based research organization consist of members from the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), University of Granada, Charles III University of Madrid, University of Alcalá, University of Extremadura and other education institutions in Spain.
The ranking measures areas such as: research output, international collaboration, normalized impact and publication rate.
Indicators are divided into three groups intended to reflect scientific, economic and social characteristics of institutions. The SIR includes both, size-dependent and size-independent indicators; that is indicators influenced and not influenced by the size of the institutions. In this manner, the SIR provides overall statistics of the scientific publication and other output of institutions, at the same time that enables comparisons between institutions of different sizes. It needs to be kept in mind that, once the final indicator has been calculated out of the combination of the different indicators (to which a different weigh has been assigned) the resulting values have been normalized on a scale of 0 to 100.
|Rank||Top 20 Universities||Country|
|2||Harvard Medical School||USA|
|3||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||USA|
|5||Johns Hopkins University||USA|
|7||University of Oxford||UK|
|8||University of Michigan, Ann Arbor||USA|
|9||University College London||UK|
|10||University of Washington||USA|
|11||University of Toronto||Canada|
|12||University of Pennsylvania||USA|
|13||The University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|14||University of California, Los Angeles||USA|
|17||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||China|
|18||University of Cambridge||UK|
|20||University of California, San Diego||USA|
- "SCImago Institutions Rankings". Scimagoir.com. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "SIR World Report 2010" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 November 2010. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- SCImago Research Group, SIR World Report 2010. Research Institution Ranking (Press) Archived 5 June 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Members. SCImago Research Group". Scimago.es. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "SCImago Institutions Rankings - Higher Education - All Regions and Countries - 2019 - Overall Rank". www.scimagoir.com.