Søren Pape Poulsen
Søren Pape Poulsen (born 31 December 1971) is a Danish politician and leader of the Danish Conservative Party.
|Søren Pape Poulsen|
|Minister of Justice|
Assumed office |
28 November 2016
|Prime Minister||Lars Løkke Rasmussen|
|Preceded by||Søren Pind|
|Leader of the Conservative People's Party|
Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Lars Barfoed|
|Mayor of Viborg Municipality|
1 January 2010 – 3 September 2014
|Preceded by||Johannes Steensgaard|
|Succeeded by||Torsten Nielsen|
31 December 1971|
|Political party||Conservative People's Party|
He was elected to the municipal council in Bjerringbro Municipality in 2001. Following the Danish Municipal Reform in 2007, Bjerringbro Municipality became part of the new Viborg Municipality and Pape Poulsen continued his work in the new municipal council.
Following the local elections of 2009, he formed a majority with the Social Democrats, the Socialist People's Party and the Danish People's Party and became mayor in Viborg. At the 2013 election, the Conservatives doubled their mandates and Pape Poulsen was reelected as mayor.
On 6 August 2014, Lars Barfoed stepped down as leader of the Conservative People's Party and said that he would like Pape Poulsen to succeed him as leader. The following day, the parliamentary group unanimously elected Pape Poulsen as political leader until the party congress on 26 September 2014. He was mayor until Wednesday, 3 September 2014 when Torsten Nielsen from the Conservative People's Party became mayor.
On 10 August 2014, Poulsen came out as gay. 
- PORTRÆT: Søren Pape - en politisk håndværker, MetroXpress, 7 August 2014
- fordobler stemmetal Kommunalvalg 2001, Bjerringbro Kommune
- Se det nye Danmarkskort, BT, 3 March 2005
- Valgopdatering: Viborg, Berlingske Tidende, 18 November 2009
- K-borgmester fordobler stemmetal, Århus Stiftstidende, 20 November 2013
- Lars Barfoed trækker sig som partiformand, Danmarks Radio, 6 August 2014
- Konservativ folketingsgruppe nikker ja til Pape, Politiken, 7 August 2014
- "Søren Pape ny justitsminister: Rockere og kriminelle udlændinge får kamp". DR. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
|This article about a Danish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|