This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznan in 1984, and earned a degree in painting under Norbert Skupniewicz. His father is the poster designer Zbigniew Kaja and his mother is the ceramicist and painter Stefania Kaja.
His career can be divided into two distinct periods:
Stage and Theater Design:
He worked as chief designer at the Grand Theatre in Lodz from 1999-2000. In 1994 he was a stage designer at the Opera and Operetta in Szczecin. From 1995-2000 he was the chief designer at the Grand Theatre in Poznan. In 1998 he was awarded the prestigious Medal Młodej Sztuki. He designed more than 150 theater, ballet, opera, television, and film sets in Poland and abroad, including France, Germany, Argentina, Israel, and Egypt.
Ryszard Kaja was regarded as one of Poland's best selling and prolific contemporary poster designers. Following in the tradition of his father Zbigniew Kaja, member of the acclaimed Polish Poster School, Kaja painted his posters using mixed techniques: “I use everything: pen, pencil, ink, color ink, gouache, coffee grounds, tea, ash—everything around me, not just the computer.” He served as juror for many poster biennials including the Italian Poster biennial. He was an honorary guest at the 2015 BICeBé Bienal del Cartel Bolivia (Biennial of Poster, Bolivia). Ryszard lived in Wrocław, Poland where he worked on his "Plakaty z serii POLSKA" (Posters from the series "POLAND") which included 120 posters featuring less well known towns and destinations within Poland.
- "Ryszard Kaja, grafik i malarz, nie żyje. 'Wódka, cerata i śledzik to esencja Polski' - mówił autor słynnej serii plakatów z polskimi miastami". wyborcza.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Father of contemporary Polish poster art Ryszard Kaja dies at the age of 57". Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Zbigniew Kaja 1410 Battle of Grunwald 1960 | Poster - Zbigniew Kaja - The Polish Poster School | Pinterest". In.pinterest.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- Personal conversation with Curator and Director of Arts, Saint Louis Polonia, Inc., Chris Smentkowski
- "Scopri le nuovissime scarpe Nike ✓ Ampia scelta e colori diversi ✓ Spedizione gratuita da 40€". www.italianposterbiennal.it. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "BICeBé Bolivia" (in Spanish). Bicebebolivia.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "Polish Poster". Polishposter.com. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
|This article about a Polish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|