Ryan Christopher Dull (born October 2, 1989) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played in MLB for the Oakland Athletics.
Dull pitching for the Oakland Athletics on 2017
|New York Yankees – No. 61|
|Born: October 2, 1989|
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
|September 1, 2015, for the Oakland Athletics|
|MLB statistics |
(through June 8, 2019)
|Earned run average||4.08|
Draft and minor leaguesEdit
Dull made his professional debut that season with the AZL Athletics and he was promoted to the Vermont Lake Monsters in July. In 31.2 total relief innings pitched between the two teams, he was 5-1 with a 2.56 ERA. In 2013, he played for the Beloit Snappers, Stockton Ports, and Midland RockHounds, compiling a combined 2-5 record and 2.40 ERA in 45 total relief appearances, and in 2014, he pitched with Midland, going 5-5 with a 2.88 ERA in 40 relief appearances. Dull spent 2015 with Midland and the Nashville Sounds, pitching to a combined 3-2 record and 0.74 ERA in 61 innings pitched in relief.
Dull was called up to the majors for the first time on September 1, 2015, and made his major league debut that night, pitching one inning of relief against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Dull finished the 2015 season with 13 appearances, compiling a 1-2 record and 4.24 ERA. In 2016, Dull began the season in Oakland's bullpen and was a mainstay, appearing in 70 games while going 5-5 with a 2.42 ERA. In 2017, Dull was placed on the disabled list at the end of May due to a right knee strain, and he did not return until late July. In 49 relief appearances for Oakland, he was 2-2 with a 5.14 ERA. Dull began 2018 with Oakland, but was optioned to Nashville in May. He pitched most of the season in AAA, appearing in 28 games for Oakland.
He was designated for assignment on August 3, 2019.
New York YankeesEdit
- TEXAS LEAGUE BASEBALL: Dull brings life to RockHounds' bullpen
- Former East Forsyth’s Dull sharp in relief
- "Ryan Dull Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Media Services. "Giants claim former A's right-handed pitcher off waivers". www.kbnr.com. Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- Alex Pavlovic (August 12, 2019). "Giants claim reliever Burch Smith from Brewers as moves keep coming". NBC Sports Bay Area. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Post Sports Desk (August 14, 2019). "Yankees add Ryan Dull as pitching transaction keep piling up". New York Post. Retrieved August 14, 2019.