A post office called Ruckersville was established in 1823, and remained in operation until 1901. The Georgia General Assembly incorporated Ruckersville as a town in 1822. The town's municipal charter was repealed in 1995.
Joseph Rucker Lamar (1857–1916), an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court, was born in Ruckersville.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Ruckersville, Georgia
- Krakow, Kenneth K. (1975). Georgia Place-Names: Their History and Origins (PDF). Macon, GA: Winship Press. p. 194. ISBN 0-915430-00-2.
- "Elbert County". New Georgia Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- Knight, Lucian Lamar (1917). A Standard History of Georgia and Georgians. Lewis publishing Company. p. 439.
|This Elbert County, Georgia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|