Rubrik is a cloud data management company based in Palo Alto, California, United States founded in December 2013 with offices in Morrisville, North Carolina, Bangalore, India, Lawrence, Kansas, Nottingham, England and Cork, Ireland. Valued at over US$3 billion, the press has noted its rapid growth and transparent company culture.
|Founders||Bipul Sinha, Arvind Jain, Soham Mazumdar, Arvind Nithrakashyap|
In early 2018, Rubrik purchased Datos.io, another cloud data management company.
In January 2019 the startup has raised $261 million, which helped it to reach $3.3 billion total valuation. The core investors were Bain Capital Ventures together with Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and IVP. 
In December 2019, one contracted employee allegedly attacked another contracted employee. The wounds were nonfatal and the attacker is currently in custody. 
The company calls itself a “data management platform.” It provides data management services such as backup and recovery, targeting enterprises that run hybrid cloud environments. Its software can be run on-premises and in the cloud to protect and manage data.
Third-party sources have cited the rise of ransomware and other corporate threats as increasing the total market demand for off-site backup solutions.
In March 2018, Dell EMC sued two former employees that currently work for Rubrik, alleging that the employees downloaded Dell EMC trade secrets, solicited former Dell EMC customers, and provided unfair competitive advantages to Rubrik.
Founder Bipul Sinha now serves as CEO after stepping down from his role at Lightspeed. He holds several patents for distributed storage technologies. He has publicly described inviting all 900+ employees to board meetings as an act of “radical transparency.”
The company recently hired Murray Demo, the CFO who took Atlassian public, prompting speculation of a future IPO. Former Microsoft Chairman John Thompson is a board member. Brooklyn Nets basketball player Kevin Durant is a notable investor, citing Rubrik as his first technology investment made with the guidance of noted angel investor Ron Conway.
- "Bloomberg: Rubrik, Inc Latest News". Retrieved 20 May 2019.
- "Fast-growing Silicon Valley 'unicorn' Rubrik expanding to Lawrence". Startland News. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "US cloud company Rubrik to create 50 jobs in Cork expansion". 2018-04-17. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Rubrik Raises $261 Million Series E Funding at $3.3 Billion Valuation to Expand Into New Data Management Markets". Retrieved 2019-01-25.
- Simons, John (26 October 2017). "How One Silicon Valley CEO Practices 'Radical Transparency'". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Stealthy upstart Rubrik: We'll make enterprise data 'beautiful'". The Register (UK). Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Meet Rubrik, yet another unicorn from Silicon Valley Indians". VCCircle. 12 June 2017.
- Kepes, Ben. "With An A-Grade Founding Team And A-Grade Investors, Rubrik Launches". Forbes. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- Levy, Ari (28 April 2017). "Red-hot software start-up Rubrik has zoomed to a $1.3 billion valuation in two years". CNBC.
- "Ten Reasons Why IVP Invested in Rubrik – IVP". www.ivp.com. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Rubrik buys Datos.io". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Data management startup Rubrik gets $261M at a $3.1B valuation as it moves into security and compliance". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "San Jose man arrested on suspicion of stabbing coworker at Palo Alto company". The Mercury News. 2019-12-12. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "Stealthy upstart Rubrik: We'll make enterprise data 'beautiful'".
- "Backup service Rubrik now works natively in AWS and Azure – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Warren, Justin. "Rubrik Releases Alta, Goes After $48 Billion TAM". Forbes. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Dell EMC in bid to clap trade secrets injunction on staff now at Rubrik". Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Dell EMC targets another startup with trade secrets claim". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Rubrik CEO: It's a passion project, not a hobby and not a 'job'". The Register (UK). Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Why I invite all 900 of my employees to board meetings". Quartz at Work. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "A potential IPO, some upgrades, Overland sold, and 'Fortify the continuum of..' whut?". The Register (UK). Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "With IPO on the table, Rubrik hires Atlassian's former CFO - SiliconANGLE". SiliconANGLE. 20 February 2018.
- "Microsoft Chairman John Thompson Talks Cloud Competition, Diversity, and New Board Seat". Fortune. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Kevin Durant makes first tech investment, in startup Rubrik". San Jose Mercury News. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Warriors star Kevin Durant invests in Rubrik". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 31 March 2018.