Between 2002-2018, Hayrapetyan was the president of the Football Federation of Armenia (FFA). He was elected to the Armenian Parliament twice, in 2003 and 2007. On 3 July 2012 he was forced to step down from Parliament, after the controversial death of an army doctor at a restaurant owned by him.
In 2014, Hayrapetyan started investing in different business projects. Since 2007, he has been a member of the Republican Party of Armenia (RPA). He holds a degree in economics from the Armenian State University of Economics.
- "Ruben HAYRAPETYAN". National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "No Charges to be Brought for Beating of Air Armenia CEO". Asbarez. 25 August 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Zhoghovurd: Ruben Hayrapetyan starts investing in business projects in Nagorno-Karabakh". TERT AM, LLC. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "President of Armenia's Football Federation abandons politics". NEWS.am. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Harsnakar Owner Resigns from Parliament Following Avetyan Murder". The Armenian Weekly. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
|This biographical article relating to Armenian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|