Rosedale College is a mixed secondary school and sixth form located in the Hayes area of the London Borough of Hillingdon, England. The school was first established as Hayes County Grammar School and then became Hayes Manor School before being renamed Rosedale College.
Wood End Green Road
|Department for Education URN||137077 Tables|
|Head teacher||Hina Kapadia|
|Age||11 to 19|
|Enrolment||658 as of January 2016[update]|
The school converted to academy status on 1 August 2011 as a partnership with Hewens College. Previously Rosedale College was a Foundation School administered by Hillingdon London Borough Council. The school continues to coordinate with Hillingdon London Borough Council for admissions.
Rosedale College specialises in technology and applied learning, and has additional resources for the specialisms including a dedicated building where technology, IT, science and mathematics are taught. Other facilities at the school include a floodlit synthetic pitch and a separate sixth form centre.
Notable former pupilsEdit
- Greg Dyke, media executive and chair of the Football Association, attended Hayes Grammar School
- Tony Lee, writer and graphic novelist, attended Hayes Manor between 1981 and 1987
- Harjit Singh Sagoo, multi-genre freelance writer, illustrator, martial artist and book author (The Lost Warfare of India), attended Hayes Manor School between 1995 and 2000
Notable former staffEdit
- "Success through nurturing the ambition, enterprise and potential of every member of our college community". Rosedale College. Archived from the original on 2013-04-21. Retrieved 2013-08-29.
- "News from the Trust". Rosedale College. Retrieved 2013-08-29.[dead link]
- "Changing lives : Supporter news 2009". University of York. Retrieved 29 August 2013.[dead link]
- Jone, Chris (28 January 2000). "Greg Dyke: An ordinary bloke". BBC News Profile, Friday, 28 January 2000, 17:36 GMT. BBC. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Comic book writer thanks top teacher". GetWestLondon. 14 July 2010. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Tony Lee on Bullying". Reddit. Retrieved 26 September 2017.